Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error while executing the mail command Post 302140842 by sysgate on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 10:19:21 AM
Old 10-16-2007
cat the "dead.letter" file, omit any sensitive information and post the content here; also, let us know what is the command line you've executed, what is the OS, do you have sendmail or whatever MTA running, do you have root on this machine, and what is the exact error message.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing SQL Query and sending a mail

Hi all, My reqirenet goes like this. Need to execute one select statement within the script and send a mail to the users with the number of records fecthed from the query. Please help.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Achiever
3 Replies

3. AIX

Error while executing command in aix box

Hi Folks I get the below error in my aix box. Im not sure if this is an AIX issue or a TWS issue. Please advice me cbspsdb01:/opt/TWS/bin # ./conman status exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./conman because of the following errors: 0509-150 Dependent module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in send mail command

Hi, I am getting the following error while running send mail command from a shell script? Insufficient disk space; try again later How to handle this error? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error while executing isql command on RHEL4

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and Oracle11g , my application requires odbc connection hence I modified ODBC.ini file and when I exceute isql commande I got the following error. isql: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/nastel/apwmq/odbc/lib/libodbc.so.1: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error while executing isql command on RHEL4

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and Oracle11g , my application requires odbc connection hence I modified ODBC.ini file and when I exceute isql commande I got the following error. isql: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/nastel/apwmq/odbc/lib/libodbc.so.1: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing sh command

Hi, I have 2 files temp1.sh and temp2.sh as follows: =========== temp1.sh =========== echo "session1" sh temp2.sh echo "exit session2 and enter session1" ================================= ============= temp2.sh ============= echo "session2" sh echo "exit session2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error executing sqlcmd command through UNIX

Hi All, I am trying to execute a set of sql statements in sql server 2008 using the sqlcmd command in unix and passing the query in the "input" parameter. It is giving me an error "incorrect syntax near 2014". The below statement is giving an error : declare date_val datetime, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul Raj
4 Replies

10. Web Development

Error on executing soap request using Curl command

hi, i have curl command to POST a soap request to web service. I have a file (query.xml) which has all the soap message attached to it I just don't seem to be able to properly post it. curl command curl -s -H "Content-Type: text/soap+xml;charset=UTF-8" -H "SOAPAction:" -d @query.xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
2 Replies
XDG-EMAIL(1)							 xdg-email Manual						      XDG-EMAIL(1)

NAME
xdg-email - command line tool for sending mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer SYNOPSIS
xdg-email [--utf8] [--cc address] [--bcc address] [--subject text] [--body text] [--attach file] [mailto-uri | address(es)] xdg-email {--help | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-email opens the user's preferred e-mail composer in order to send a mail to address(es) or mailto-uri. RFC2368 defines mailto: URIs. xdg-email limits support to, cc, subject and body fields in mailto-uri, all other fields are silently ignored. address(es) must follow the syntax of RFC822. Multiple addresses may be provided as separate arguments. All information provided on the command line is used to prefill corresponding fields in the user's e-mail composer. The user will have the opportunity to change any of this information before actually sending the e-mail. xdg-email is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-email as root. See http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information on how the user can change the e-mail composer that is used. OPTIONS
--utf8 Indicates that all command line options that follow are in utf8. Without this option, command line options are expected to be encoded according to locale. If the locale already specifies utf8 this option has no effect. This option does not affect mailto URIs that are passed on the command line. --cc address Specify a recipient to be copied on the e-mail. --bcc address Specify a recipient to be blindly copied on the e-mail. --subject text Specify a subject for the e-mail. --body text Specify a body for the e-mail. Since the user will be able to make changes before actually sending the e-mail, this can be used to provide the user with a template for the e-mail. text may contain linebreaks. --attach file Specify an attachment for the e-mail. file must point to an existing file. Some e-mail applications require the file to remain present after xdg-email returns. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
xdg-email honours the following environment variables: XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL Setting this environment variable to a non-zero numerical value makes xdg-email do more verbose reporting on stderr. Setting a higher value increases the verbosity. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. 5 No permission to read one of the files passed on the command line. CONFIGURATION
Visit http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information how to configure xdg-email to use the email client of your choice. EXAMPLES
xdg-email 'Jeremy White <jwhite@example.com>' xdg-email --attach /tmp/logo.png --subject 'Logo contest' --body 'Attached you find the logo for the contest.' 'jwhite@example.com' xdg-email --subject 'Your password is about to expire' 'jwhite@example.com' 'bastian@example.com' 'whipple@example.com' AUTHORS
Kevin Krammer Author. Jeremy White Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 xdg-utils 1.0 08/18/2014 XDG-EMAIL(1)