Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i want to call a oracle function in my shell script Post 302140630 by porter on Monday 15th of October 2007 03:35:28 AM
Old 10-15-2007
run sqlplus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call a function in shell script

i have a function written in one shell script and i want to call that function in another shell script and use the value returned by that script. can any one suggest me how can i do that? regards, Rajesh.P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh.P
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to call Oracle package through shell script?

Hey i have a package in oracle to validate file mask. can i call it in through shell script . if yes , how Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation fault in function call, shell script

I am getting Segmentation fault at below function call in my script: get_x() { sqlplus -s / <<end | grep KEEP | sed 's/KEEP//;s///g' select 'KEEP' ,table_name from all_synonyms where upper(synonym_name)= '$1'; exit end x=$(get_x $1) echo " SQL OUTPUT IS :: $x" } I am getting output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IB_88
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange function call in the shell script parse_prog_args $@

I am converting shell script to Perl. In shell I have a code parse_prog_args() { if then while do case $1 in -P* | -p* ) export PROCESS_DATE=$2 export MM=`echo $2 | cut -c5-6` export DD=`echo $2 | cut -c7-8` export YY=`echo $2 | cut -c3-4` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD