Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ping all the machines in the network Post 302140610 by praveen_b744 on Monday 15th of October 2007 02:00:19 AM
Old 10-15-2007
thanks Porter,,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How can i simulate network problems between unix machines ?

Hello all i need to simulate method invocations between 2 machine ( using corba ) now i like to test the method invoke timeout from machine1 to machine2 for that i need to simulate network being busy , can it be done some how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Able to ping server's private network

Hi guys, I'm in the progress of setting up a private network in our Sun solaris platform. Existing ip: 172.16.102.101 New private ip: 192.168.2.3 Netmask is the same for both private & public 255.255.255.0 After setting up the ip, I'm able to ping this private ip address from our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of file from several machines written to network share, then emailed to group.

I have a script on all the machines on my network that lists how many updates are available for each machine, and then outputs the answer to a file called updates.txt the output shows the hostname and the number of updates, like: computer_A 7 I want all these machines to output the data to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

application to be run on machines connected in same network

I have a set up of 5 machines which are connected in same network. Now i want to run a small application so that those machines are not ideal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

ping to different network in linux

Hi all, please help solving my small issue below is the configuration I have 3 systems sytem1 -------- system 2 ----------system 3 system 1 : 10.255.1.4 & default gw 10.255.1.55 system2 : ip 1 : 10.255.1.55 , ip 2: 10.255.2.1 system 3 : ip : 10.255.2.3 on system 2 : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ping between two virtual machines

Hello, I installed two virtual machines ubuntu10 on VM VirtualBox . Please, what are the steps to make a ping from one of these two machines on the other (the configurations )? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - ping network issue

Hi, I'am begineer in this OS. I've installed it few days ago only to perform project "Managing users in Solaris". I have to create two virtual systems in eg. vmware , connect them and eg. rlogin from user1/machine1 to user2/machine2, give them some permissions to write read etc (this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael.pelc
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Discover Windows machines in other network

I have my Windows computer in network 192.168.1.0/24 plugged into one interface of my router. I have another port on the router as network 192.168.168.0/24 where my nas is plugged in. Now Windows doesn't discover my NAS automatically, of course. Anyone know what would be the most elegant way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network script for ping status

Actually I am using Red hat Linux 4.4 version. I want to check the 16 client pc status of connection from server.Whether the connection is available or not.I tried to develop the shell script for this code.But It don't work properly.I am a self study learner.Please give me a shell script for this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
9 Replies
Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::Ping(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::Ping(3pm)

NAME
Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::Ping - "ping" various services when nodes are written SYNOPSIS
use Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::Ping; my $ping = Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::Ping->new( node_to_url => 'http://mywiki/$node', services => { "geourl" => 'http://geourl.org/ping?p=$url' }, agent => "My Wiki ping agent", ); $wiki->register_pugin( plugin => $ping ); DESCRIPTION
A plug-in for Wiki::Toolkit sites, which will "ping" various external services when a node is written. A list of the services to ping, and where in their URLs to add the URL of the node, are supplied when the plugin is created. You need to tell it how to turn a node into a URL (node_to_url), and what services to ping (services). You can optionally pass a custom user-agent string AUTHOR
The Wiki::Toolkit team (http://www.wiki-toolkit.org/) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 I. P. Williams (ivorw_openguides [at] xemaps {dot} com). Copyright (C) 2006-2009 the Wiki::Toolkit team (http://www.wiki-toolkit.org/) All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Wiki::Toolkit, Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin, OpenGuides perl v5.10.1 2009-02-24 Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::Ping(3pm)