Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8/x86: issues with video card on IBM ThinkPad A20p Post 302140283 by porter on Thursday 11th of October 2007 04:50:27 PM
Old 10-11-2007
Will the machine not run Solaris 9 or 10? Do these support the card?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help needed to configure GUI with Slackware 7 on an IBM Thinkpad Laptop

I am using Slackware 7 on my IBM Thinkpad. I am unable to configure it to display a graphical environment. Typing startx usually generates a few errors. The system, however, does boot into the shell environment without any issues or problems. I have been able to setup Slackware 7 successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrienb
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Does x86 solaris 9 support PCI RealTek Lan Card

Hi, i have a RealTek Lan Card on my machine. Does Solaris 9 supports this lan card . Thank You, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Cant configure video & nic (solaris 8 on x86)

can someone please through light on how to configure video and nic. Dimension 3000 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz EA 0.00 0.00 17 in (17 in viewable) E173FP Flat Panel Display EA Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 EA Intel Pro 100M Integrated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmpy
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10?

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10 (sparc)? Could you tell me that which video card was supported by solaris 10? I need all kinds of video card supported by solaris 10? I find a lot of documents,but I didn't get what I want... ... Could you help me? Thank you very much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jg159993
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 on x86 platform, video drivers

Hi all! I'm having problems to set up my X window under x86 with solaris 9. My graphics card is a sis650 on a flat Samsung SyncMaster 152s... how can i do this? Thanx Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

6. Solaris

nic card undetectable in solaris X86

Hi All, I am unable to detect NIC card in solaris 10 installed on X86 system after installation, every thing is installed properly, i have check bios settings in which it is detectable. I suspect we have selected NETWORKED option as NO during installation.How to conform whether we have selected... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Very new to Solaris and Sun, need help please (video card)

Hello all, I am trying to learn about Solaris and Sun systems so I purchased a SunFire 280r running Solaris 9 with a disk array from eBay. The system had no video card so I purchased a PGX32 card for the PCI slot and installed it. The problem is I have no video what so ever. I am familiar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FTBTX
3 Replies
CARD(1) 								FSF								   CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.13) February 2000 CARD(1)