Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nested If question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nested If question Post 302140061 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 02:53:43 PM
Old 10-10-2007
See the man page for test -- man test
it has all of those -<whatever> tests and tells you their meaning. -f tells you if it is a regular file and exists, for example.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested looping question

Hi, I'm having some trouble with the syntax in constructing a simple nested 'for' loop. My code is as follows: #!/bin/bash dir1="fred flume haystack" for dir2 in ${dir1} do fred="1 2 3" flume="a b c" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Symlinks?

Please don't laugh or call me a fool... I'm trying to set up a script that will go through my Music File directory and generate a set of symbolic links in a directory called "What's New". Within that directory there will be a "30 Days", "3 Months", "6 Months" and "A Year" directories. Within... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If statement within Do / Done

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me out here; now i have searched and searched and have at least worked out that you can't have a nested if statement with a 'done' in it (as i have) as you're killing the parent before the child. So here's what i have, and here's hoping someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalgibbard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if question BASH

Just started learning bash ,and I am confused with sintaksis line 16: syntax error near unexpected token `else' thanks #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter: " read num if(($(echo ${#num}) == 0 )) then echo No arguments passed.Try again elif rem=$(echo $num | tr -d ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne-sh (not bash) question about nested loops and sed

Here's the input: alpha, numeric or alphanumeric string ("line 1 string") numeric string ("line 2 string") numeric string ("line 3 string") numeric string ("line 4 string") ... where - each numeric string is in a pattern that can be matched with RE but - there can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax question in regards to nested awk statements

Hello all, I am writing up an input file and I was hoping I could get some guidance as to how to best consolidate these 2 awk statements for 1 while loop. Here's my input file # cat databases.lst #NOTE: These entries are delimited by tabs "\t" #oracleSID name/pass # db11 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested if else -error

HI everyone, I am not able to find error in the script, when i run the script till line No. 20 i.e, read var4 everything runs fine. After that the script exits out. #!/bin/bash echo -e "Want dryrun OR merge: \n " read var1 if ] ; then echo -e "\n Please select from the given... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi.aradhya
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Nested If

I am having a problem with a nested if. I am sure I am overlooking something. I check for the existence of $Pidfl3 and it exists, o this condition I then want to check for the existence of a next file and remove it. The first if is executed, but on the second if I get test: argument expected. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charles Swart
4 Replies
PTREPACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PTREPACK(1)

NAME
ptrepack - Copy any PyTables Leaf, Group or complete subtree into another file. SYNOPSIS
ptrepack -h -v -o -R start,stop,step --non-recursive --dest-title=title --dont-copyuser-attrs --overwrite-nodes --complevel=(0-9) --com- plib=lib --shuffle=(0|1) --fletcher32=(0|1) --keep-source-filters --upgrade-flavors --dont-regenerate-old-indexes sourcefile:sourcegroup destfile:destgroup DESCRIPTION
Copy any Leaf, Group or complete subtree from a PyTables file into another file. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Prints a help text. -v Show more information. -o Overwite destination file. -R RANGE Select a RANGE of rows in the form start,stop,step during the copy of all the leaves. --non-recursive Do not do a recursive copy. Default is to do it. --dest-title=title Title for the new file (if not specified, the source is copied). --dont-copy-userattrs Do not copy the user attrs (default is to do it). --overwrite-nodes Overwrite destination nodes if they exist. Default is not to overwrite them. --complevel=(0-9) Set a compression level (0 for no compression, which is the default). --complib=lib Set the compression library to be used during the copy. lib can be set to "zlib", "lzo", "ucl" or "bzip2". Defaults to "zlib". --shuffle=(0|1) Activate or not the shuffling filter (default is active if complevel>0). --fletcher32=(0|1) Whether to activate or not the fletcher32 filter (not active by default). --keep-source-filters Use the original filters in source files. The default is not doing that if any of --complevel, --complib, --shuffle or --fletcher32 option is specified. --upgrade-flavors When repacking PyTables 1.x files, the flavor of leaves will be unset. With this, such a leaves will be serialized as objects with the internal flavor ("numpy" for 2.x series). --dont-regenerate-old-indexes Disable regenerating old indexes. The default is to regenerate old indexes as they are found. SEE ALSO
ptdump(1). These utilities are documented fully by PyTables user's manual. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Francesc Altet <faltet@carabos.com>. July 7, 2007 PTREPACK(1)