Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to "remsh" from a Unix machine to a Linux or SunOS Post 302139756 by elthox on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 05:13:45 AM
Old 10-09-2007
how to "remsh" from a Unix machine to a Linux or SunOS

Hi All,

I`m trying to execute something remotely using Remsh. Up to now it worked on HP-UX machines ( editing the /etc/hosts. .rhosts and creating user to the remote machine using SAM) but i cannot configure it to work from HP-UX to Linux or SunOS.

Can anybody help me with this?

THanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh newhost "for loop"

Hi, In ksh how can I execute something like this: remsh newhost "for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo file$i; cat file$i; done" I cannot pass the contrl J or enter in th above line which is required by the for loop. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alantang
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remsh between Hp-ux and Linux or SunOS

Hi All, I`m trying to execute something remotely using Remsh. Up to now it worked on HP-UX machines ( editing the /etc/hosts. .rhosts and creating user to the remote machine using SAM) but i cannot configure it to work from HP-UX to Linux or SunOS. Can anybody help me with this? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elthox
1 Replies

4. Solaris

significance of "+" char in SunOS "ls -l" output

Hi, I've noticed that the permissions output from "ls -l" under SunOS differs from Linux in that after the "rwxrwxrwx" field, there is an additional "+" character that may or may not be there. What is the significance of this character? Thanks, Suan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to find the "unix machine type".

Hi all, Just need some help the following scenario, Is there any UNIX command to find the unix machine type (like whether the machine is belongs to Ssun ultra 45 type) like that .. please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies
PAM_RHOSTS(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_RHOSTS(8)

NAME
pam_rhosts - The rhosts PAM module SYNOPSIS
pam_rhosts.so DESCRIPTION
This module performs the standard network authentication for services, as used by traditional implementations of rlogin and rsh etc. The authentication mechanism of this module is based on the contents of two files; /etc/hosts.equiv (or and ~/.rhosts. Firstly, hosts listed in the former file are treated as equivalent to the localhost. Secondly, entries in the user's own copy of the latter file is used to map "remote-host remote-user" pairs to that user's account on the current host. Access is granted to the user if their host is present in /etc/hosts.equiv and their remote account is identical to their local one, or if their remote account has an entry in their personal configuration file. The module authenticates a remote user (internally specified by the item PAM_RUSER connecting from the remote host (internally specified by the item PAM_RHOST). Accordingly, for applications to be compatible this authentication module they must set these items prior to calling pam_authenticate(). The module is not capable of independently probing the network connection for such information. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. superuser=account Handle account as root. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR The remote host, remote user name or the local user name couldn't be determined or access was denied by .rhosts file. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to system. EXAMPLES
To grant a remote user access by /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts for rsh add the following lines to /etc/pam.d/rsh: #%PAM-1.0 # auth required pam_rhosts.so auth required pam_nologin.so auth required pam_env.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
rootok(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_rhosts was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_RHOSTS(8)