Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Function Trace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function Trace Post 302139128 by ajcannon on Thursday 4th of October 2007 10:26:38 AM
Old 10-04-2007
Function Trace

Does anyone know if there is a util out there to run through a shell script and be able to trace the function call tree. I have inherited some code and the original author was ****mad**** keen on functions - even ones called only once!
If anyone knows of anything I would appreciate it - web trawling has not revealed anything yet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace connections

In my organization in order for anyone to go to any Unix server they have to go through "SERVER A" and login as themselves. Then people are free to go enywhere they please. For example: SERVER A, loggs in as himself telnets to SERVER B, loggs in as guest telnets to SERVER C, loggs in as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraitsev
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

trace route ip

hi everybody , i have a solaris 5.6 box and i want to trace the route on an ip i treid traceroute but soalris 5.6 does not support it ... is there a command that can be used equivelent to traceroute ? thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trace DHCP - Help!

Can someone help me with commands to trace DHCP on an HP_UX box? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuGuy
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to trace a user

on HP-Unix how can i trace user for example "xxx999" ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to supress the trace

Hi I am working in ksh and getting the trace after trying to remove the file which in some cases does not exist: $ my_script loadfirm.dta.master: No such file or directory The code inside the script which produces this trace is the following: ] || rm ${FILE}.master >> /dev/null for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

6. AIX

function trace back and address to line number conversion

Hi, I am new to AIX and I am developing a small tool for our product which helps debug memory leaks etc. Q1)Is there a way in which i can get a function trace back as to the call (lets say malloc() )has been made in which file--> in which function. I tried using the #pragma options (... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wkdunreal
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Log Trace

Hi I would like to display only error messages from my log files while monotring application on my solaris box using tail command. Is there other way we can monitor please let me know? In general # tail -f "xyz.log' ---> this will display current activity of the logs, instead i would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with trace file

Hi, I am an oracle DBA pretty new to unix. We had one of the filesystems full and a colleague cleared some stuffs to create more space. I just checked now and found there is now more space available. How do i find exactly what he cleared? We have oracle database installed and its a RAC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stack Trace

Hi All Thought it would be kind of fun to implement a stack trace for a shell script that calls functions within a sub shell. This is for bash under Linux and probably not portable - #! /bin/bash error_exit() { echo "=======================" echo $1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

10. AIX

Trace su to root

Hi, is it possible to trace everything about user that changes from its own user to root user, failed and successful attempts (I would need user and IP address of user that was trying to do that)? I tried adding auth.notice and auth.info in syslog.conf but it only tracks user withoud IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
6 Replies
grammar::me::util(n)					   Grammar operations and usage 				      grammar::me::util(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
grammar::me::util - AST utilities SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require grammar::me::util ?0.1? ::grammar::me::util::ast2tree ast tree ?root? ::grammar::me::util::ast2etree ast mcmd tree ?root? mcmd lc location mcmd tok from ?to? ::grammar::me::util::tree2ast tree ?root? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a number of utility command for the conversion between the various representations of abstract syntax trees as speci- fied in the document grammar::me_ast. ::grammar::me::util::ast2tree ast tree ?root? This command converts an ast from value to object representation. All nodes in the ast will be converted into nodes of this tree, with the root of the AST a child of the node root. If this node is not explicitly specified the root of the tree is used. Existing content of tree is not touched, i.e. neither removed nor changed, with the exception of the specified root node, which will gain a new child. ::grammar::me::util::ast2etree ast mcmd tree ?root? This command is like ::grammar::me::util::ast2tree, except that the result is in the extended object representation of the input AST. The source of the extended information is the command prefix mcmd. It has to understand two methods, lc, and tok, with the semantics specified below. mcmd lc location Takes the location of a token given as offset in the input stream and return a 2-element list containing the associated line number and column index, in this order. mcmd tok from ?to? Takes one or two locations from and to as offset in the input stream and returns a Tcl list containing the specified part of the input stream. Both location are inclusive. If to is not specified it will default to the value of from. Each element of the returned list is a list containing the token, its associated lexeme, the line number, and column index, in this order. Both the ensemble command ::grammar::me::tcl provided by the package grammar::me::tcl and the objects command created by the package ::grammar::me::cpu fit the above specification. ::grammar::me::util::tree2ast tree ?root? This command converts an ast in (extended) object representation into a value and returns it. If a root node is specified the AST is generated from that node downward. Otherwise the root of the tree object is used as the starting point. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category gram- mar_me of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
abstract syntax tree, syntax tree, tree CATEGORY
Grammars and finite automata COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> grammar_me 0.1 grammar::me::util(n)