Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers reading an already complied excutable file Post 302138871 by soleil4716 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 04:23:31 PM
Old 10-03-2007
why do you want to read the file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excutable script to copy a file to a different location.

Hi, I'm try to create an executable file to copy a file to a different location. Help plz. Thanx. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazehcalil
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about excutable software in Unix

I am using SCO OpenServer 5.0 now, and have the old software as database (similar with MySQL) to store all data. I want to know that how can I read those data in the file. For example, I have file named OE.USECD, which is data file when I use the software to store my data to database. it's not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading UNIX commands from file and redirecting output to a file

Hi All I have written the following script: #!/bin/ksh while read cmdline do echo `$cmdline` pid="$cmdline" done<commands.txt =========== commands.txt contains: ps -ef | grep abc | grep xyz |awk '{print $2}; My objective is to store the o/p of the command in a variable and do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulparo
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)				     Library Functions Manual					  pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_rdlock - Acquires a read-write lock for read access. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_rwlock_rdlock( pthread_rwlock_t *rwlock); PARAMETERS
Address of the read-write lock object to acquire for read access. DESCRIPTION
This routine acquires a read-write lock for read access. If no thread already holds the lock for write access and there are no writers waiting to acquire the lock, the lock for read access is granted to the calling thread and this routine returns. If a thread already holds the lock for read access, the lock is granted and this routine returns. A thread can hold multiple, concurrent locks for read access on the same read-write lock. In a given thread, for each call to this routine that successfully acquires the same read-write lock for read access, a corresponding call to pthread_rwlock_unlock must be issued. If some thread already holds the lock for write access, the calling thread will not acquire the read lock. If the read lock is not acquired, the calling thread blocks until it can acquire the lock for read access. Results are undefined if the calling thread has already acquired a lock for write access on rwlock when this routine is called. If the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock is not initialized, the results of calling this routine are undefined. If a thread is interrupted (via a Tru64 UNIX signal or an OpenVMS AST) while waiting for a read-write lock for read access, upon return from the interrupt routine the thread resumes waiting for the lock as if it had not been interrupted. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The lock for read access could not be acquired because the maximum number of read lock acquisitions for rwlock has been exceeded. The current thread already owns the read-write lock for writing. The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an ini- tialized read-write lock object. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_rwlock_init(3), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)