Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "for" Loop Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "for" Loop Problem Post 302138831 by Bob_Loblaw on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 02:43:40 PM
Old 10-03-2007
Data "for" Loop Problem

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a wee bit of a problem. I would like to pass a DB2 query to a variable and then using that variable to perform a 'For' loop.

For example....
Code:
tempfile1=`db2 -x "select cast(OBJECT_ID as integer) from $temp_table where SEQUENCE_NO = $sequence_no"` 

for id in ${tempfile1}
do  

statename=`db2 -x "select STATE_NAME from $temp_table where object_id = $id"`
domain_name=`db2 -x "select domain_name from $temp_table where object_id = $id"`

echo "ID = [$id]"
echo "State = [$statename]"
echo "Domain = [$domain_name]"

done

The problem is when I run this if there are multiple object_id's with the same value but not the same state_name then when it's passed through an echo it looks like this....

Code:
ID = [5132]
State = [State1 State2]
Domain = [Domain1 Domain2]
ID = [5146]
State = [State1]
Domain = [Domain1]
ID = [5156]
State = [State1 State2]
ID = [5132]
State = [State1 State2]
ID = [5156]
State = [State1 State2]

However I would like it to look like this...
Code:
ID = [5132]
State = [State1]
Domain = [Domain1]
ID = [5146]
State = [State1]
Domain = [Domain1]
ID = [5156]
State = [State1]
Domain = [Domain1]
ID = [5132]
State = [State2]
Domain = [Domain2]
ID = [5156]
State = [State2]
Domain = [Domain2]

Would someone be able to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.....
SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"for" and "while" loop problem in "sh"

Hi, I have a problem with "for" and "while" loop in "sh". I have: #!/bin/sh for i in $(seq 1 500000); do echo $i doneand it's working in sh on my ubuntu, but when I try to run this on unix(I have access to my university's unix) it crash: syntax error at line 2: `$' unexpected...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get values from 2 files - Complex "for loop and if" awk problem

Hi everyone, I've been thinking and trying/changing all day long the below code, maybe some awk expert could help me to fix the for loop I've thought, I think I'm very close to the correct output. file1 is: <boxes content="Grapes and Apples"> <box No.="Box MT. 53"> <quantity... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain(3pm)

NAME
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain - an instance of Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info for domain names. SYNOPSIS
use Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain; use strict; my $info = Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain->new; $info->setDomain('example.tld'); print $info->toString(1); This results in an XML document like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd"> <command> <info> <domain:info xmlns:domain="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0 domain-1.0.xsd"> <domain:name>example-1.tldE<lt>/domain:name> </domain:info> </info> <clTRID>0cf1b8f7e14547d26f03b7641660c641d9e79f45</clTRIDE<gt> </command> </epp> OBJECT HIERARCHY
L<XML::LibXML::Node> +----L<XML::LibXML::Document> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain> METHODS
$frame->setDomain($domain_name); This specifies the domain name for which information is being requested. AUTHOR
CentralNic Ltd (http://www.centralnic.com/). COPYRIGHT
This module is (c) 2012 CentralNic Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o Net::EPP::Frame perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Info::Domain(3pm)