Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wont boot
Operating Systems HP-UX Wont boot Post 302138567 by porter on Tuesday 2nd of October 2007 12:10:30 PM
Old 10-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by forhad
Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration failure. What should I do now. Please help me somebody.
Of course you have a (a) backup, (b) a recovery strategy and (c) the original installation disks?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache wont start

Hi, like a lot of people that post here, I am new at UNIX. The only UNIX I have ever messed with is my iBook running MacOSX (10.1). I have a grasp of the basic commands and understanding of the system but only to a point. I searched the archive and FreeBSD.org and apache.org but I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha_Harblo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Sparc box wont boot. Keyboard?

Do I HAVE to have a Sun Sparc type keyboard? Ive got an Ultra Sparc workstation I got from EBAY that was supposted to be working. This box has a PS2 AND Sparc's odd looking keyboard port. Does my system have a switch in the BIOS simmilar to the x86 "Halt on keyboard error?" ...Or maybe a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curt
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor wont come on...

I know this may not be the right forum, but here goes. Last night I was playing my favorite game Everquest and my monitor goes blank... I was able to save out of my game and shut it down... My question is this: I thought my monitor had died but this morning I was able to get it to come back... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

4. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

5. Solaris

SMC wont start

Today I attempted to use SMC for the first time on SUNSVR01 since 4 November. The SMC toolbox loads just fine but when I attempt to run any of the tools in SMC, I get red stop signs with labels like "com.sun.admin.hostmgr.client.vhostmgr" in the GUI. At the bottom of the screen, I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjseaman
0 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 wont boot off cdrom

Hello, Ive just aquired a blade 150 off ebay.Im new to suns and are having a problem getting it to boot off the cdrom.Openboot continuously tries to do a network boot and I cant enter any commands.Im using an average pc keyboard and it definetly works.Thanks for any help.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 zone wont boot - interface in use

We have a Solaris 10 system with a solaris 9 branded zone. Trying to create a new lo interfaces i ended up rebooting the zone. The zone will not come up, it ran fine before i tried this. When i run the zoneadm -z zone-s9 boot command i get "zoneadm: zone 'zone-s9': lo0:2: could not bring... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

9. SCO

Sco UNIX wont boot - long beeps

HI All, I have an old SCO-UNIX machine which I support a long standing client / friend with. I don't use it very often, and is kept switched off. All was well 2 weeks ago, but when I tried to boot today all I get is a continuous set of long beeps but no booting. I have checked inside... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy sleight
4 Replies
VGSCAN(8)                                                     System Manager's Manual                                                    VGSCAN(8)

NAME
vgscan - scan all disks for volume groups and rebuild caches SYNOPSIS
vgscan [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--mknodes] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
vgscan scans all SCSI, (E)IDE disks, multiple devices and a bunch of other disk devices in the system looking for LVM physical volumes and volume groups. Define a filter in lvm.conf(5) to restrict the scan to avoid a CD ROM, for example. In LVM2, vgscans take place automatically; but you might still need to run one explicitly after changing hardware. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --mknodes Also checks the LVM special files in /dev that are needed for active logical volumes and creates any missing ones and removes unused ones. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGSCAN(8)