Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: install glibc-2.6.1
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users install glibc-2.6.1 Post 302138311 by big123456 on Monday 1st of October 2007 04:46:54 AM
Old 10-01-2007
Here it is :

root@ak-xubuntu:/etc# dpkg -l libc6
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii libc6 2.5-0ubuntu14 GNU C Library: Shared libraries

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. Programming

glibc error

Hi All, This is my first time posting on this forum. I'd like to participate actively on this list. Here we go! I'm making a little application and I'm using ncurses. After a while using it, I receive the following error and the stack trace is shown: ***glibc detected*** malloc() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message about glibc

Hi I have a strange phenomenon on putty session connected to RHEL4 server. My session is active but without any activity for 2 or 3 hours and suddenly this message appears on the prompt : $ *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb66e0d50 *** Could you have an idea about it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locale and glibc and charset

what's the relationship among locale, glibc, charset, charmap and fonts? why locale needs to be generated by glibc? how? what are in the locale-archive file? and what are in font files? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installing GLIBC on SuSe 11.

I need help updating the glibc in my suse box. I have no clue how to do this and I am afraid of breaking this box. Can someone please give me some direction? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

got error when install glibc

hi all, i am play LFS recently. but i can not go on for a an error when install glibc. here is the error log: if test -r /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h && cmp -s /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/stubs.h /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h; \ then echo 'stubs.h unchanged'; \ else /usr/bin/install -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Installing SW asking me to update GLIBC..HELP!

Hi, I am trying to install OpenFT and got the following message: usmlva0001tsrv:/mnt/iso/linuxi64 # ./install.all error: Failed dependencies: libc.so.6.1()(64bit) is needed by PCMX-6.0A90-05.ia64 libc.so.6.1(GLIBC_2.2)(64bit) is needed by PCMX-6.0A90-05.ia64... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trying to install glibc-common 686 on a x64 system

Hi, I hoping someone can help me. I am running a 64 bit RH 6.5 Server, and have to install glibc.686 for a Symantec package I need to install. A prerequisite for glibc.686 is glibc-common. I'm trying to install this manually, as it's not on our local repository, but when I try, I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies
plucker-prc-install(1)					      General Commands Manual					    plucker-prc-install(1)

NAME
plucker-prc-install - fetch and install Plucker viewer application on a Palm pilot SYNOPSIS
plucker-prc-install [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the plucker-prc-install command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because this program was created for the Debian package. plucker-prc-install is a program that fetches and installs the Plucker viewer application. The program uses wget to get the .tar.bz2 archive from the Web. You need to be connected to the Internet and have wget working correctly in order to use this program. You may have to configure the environment variable http_proxy. You can take a look at the lynx command manpage to get information about http_proxy. The program tries to use the correct language version of the viewer according to the environment variable LANG. The program then uses either gpilot-install-file or pilot-xfer to transfer the three .prc files to the Palm pilot. With pilot-link 0.12.x it is mandatory to provide a port to use. plucker-prc-install first use the value of the PILOTPORT environment variable. If PILOTPORT is not defined it uses /dev/pilot. If the file /dev/pilot does not exist it uses usb:. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --nohires installs the low-resolution version of the Plucker viewer. If you are using a Palm with a 160x160 screen (Palm m500-series and ear- lier) you can save approximately 90 KB by installing the low-resolution version of the viewer. Note that the hires version will still work on older Palms, but will just take up unnecessary space. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
pilot-xfer(1), wget(1), gpilot-install-file(1), lynx(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ludovic Rousseau <rousseau@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). August 22, 2005 plucker-prc-install(1)