Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virtual Ethernet with VIO
Operating Systems AIX Virtual Ethernet with VIO Post 302138300 by johnf on Monday 1st of October 2007 03:16:40 AM
Old 10-01-2007
Please run the following command as padmin:

lsmap -all -net

Then post the result here so I can analyse it. You might check yourself to see if ent0 (en0 or et0) is already being used.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help urgent : vio server - add extral disk on virtual lpar

Hi, I define 2 new LV on the vio server and run a cfgmgr on the partition and see my 2 new hdisk (hdisk6 and hdisk7). I extend my vg vg000 (on the partition) and add the 2 hdisks. I had a filesystem on the vg000 and when I added the disk I would like to increase the filesystem. But I cannot do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtual Ethernet

I understand that one should setup virtual ethernet adapters in the lpars which is the best way for various lpars to communicate with each other - Does anyone have info on this or can point me to a doc that explains how to set this up? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capeme
1 Replies

3. AIX

Virtual Ethernet VIO HMC LPARs

Hi, I am little confused about the virtual Ethernet configuration on VIO and Client Partitions. There is alot of info on the internet but it gets more confusing.... If I have LHEA, it is very simple. Just assign LHEA (logical host ethernet adapter) to client partition -> run smitty tcpip and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

4. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. AIX

Setting up an Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter

All I am trying allocate an IVE to an LPAR (not a VIO) running AIX 7.1. I am getting the error: HSCL068A Explanation Logical port can not be assigned to Logical Partition because this Logical Partition is not the promiscuous LPAR for the physical port. Has anyone encountered this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
roarvio(7)						System Manager's Manual: RoarAuido						roarvio(7)

NAME
libroar - RoarAudio sound library roarvio - RoarAudio virtual IO layer SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> struct roar_vio_calls; DESCRIPTION
The RoarAudio VIO interface is RoarAudio's IO abstraction layer. It provides basic IO functions such as read and write independing on the underlaying IO. For Example can you open a plain or a gziped file via the VIO layer. After a successful open both objects behave the same, libroar takes care about the compression in the gzip case. TUTORIALS
Tutorials can be found in roartutvio(7). IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS
There are several important functions. This is a small list of the most important ones. Opening roar_vio_open_file(3), roar_vio_open_fh(3), roar_vio_open_stdio(3), roar_vio_open_dstr(3), roar_vio_open_proto(3). While there are a lot functions important for opening files the most important one is roar_vio_open_dstr(3). It opens a stream based on URLs that can point to local files or files on remote machines. It also can handle compression and encryption. Closing roar_vio_close(3), roar_vio_shutdown(3) Reading and writing roar_vio_read(3), roar_vio_write(3) Seeking and positioning roar_vio_lseek(3) Non-Blocking and Asyncron IO roar_vio_nonblock(3), roar_vio_sync(3), roar_vio_select(3) Networking and Sockets roar_vio_accept(3) String handling roar_vio_printf(3) BUGS
A lot... SEE ALSO
roar-config(1), roartypes(1), roartutvio(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roarvio(7)