Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Converting \0 to a \n
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting \0 to a \n Post 302138060 by awk on Friday 28th of September 2007 11:20:37 AM
Old 09-28-2007
Check your man page for tr.

Mine says -

SunOS 5.10 Last change: 13 Aug 2003 7

User Commands tr(1)

Unlike some previous versions, /usr/xpg4/bin/tr correctly
processes NUL characters in its input stream. NUL characters
can be stripped by using tr -d '\000'.

so try tr -d < (infilename) > (outfilename)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting kb to mb

When I create filesystems in AIX i often get confused(using smit) When you specify size in aix, it is asked like this SIZE of file system (in 512-byte blocks) I never seem to grasp this, what is the equation to get say 500mb? Or is there a program anyone knows of that does this, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting .txt

Hello, I transferred some .txt files from windows to Unix. When i used the editor in Unix to open up the file, all the <cr> show up. How to I get rid of all of them? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to Uppercase

I want to convert string into uppercase string. How can i do that ? Ex: Enter the user name: read name show=upper(name) echo $show --- This output should be the uppercase output. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

4. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Coins

Hi all, I have never written a script so I guess you could say I am very yellow.:) However, I could use some help.... I need to write a Korn Shell Script that converts coins. Meaning if I print or echo "Please enter amount:" and the user puts in 3.87, I need to know the least amount of coins... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzeman
11 Replies

6. SCO

library converting

Hi everybody Is there any sco unix command to convert .so library to .a (under sco unix openserver.5.0.6) tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help converting ctlU (^U) to a \12...

I have a file that ends with a ctlU: > cat -v test.file blah,blah,blah,GEAEA*1*xx0000111xxx^UIEA*xxx0^U would like to replace the ctlU (^U) with a "\12"...due to printers or something. I believe I might be able to utilize the tr command, if I could only identify the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help converting my Script

So i have been asked to write a script for a friend who has a server running solaris 11. My problem is the correct syntax i can't seem to get it work with the follow code, i have read through the date man page and found no work around Below is the code for part of the rsync script. The code i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paperghost
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting empty value into NA

I have a set of values separated by a tab ch:12 1 3 4 ch:13 3 3 4 ch:25 1 8 ch:23 2 8 1 There is a missing value in the third column and i would like replace it with NA such that the final output would look like ch:12 1 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
restorecon(8)															     restorecon(8)

NAME
restorecon - restore file(s) default SELinux security contexts. SYNOPSIS
restorecon [-o outfilename ] [-R] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-e directory ] pathname... restorecon -f infilename [-o outfilename ] [-e directory ] [-R] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-F] DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the restorecon program. This program is primarily used to set the security context (extended attributes) on one or more files. It can be run at any time to correct errors, to add support for new policy, or with the -n option it can just check whether the file con- texts are all as you expect. It is the same executable as setfiles but operates in a slightly different manner depending on it's argv[0]. OPTIONS
-i ignore files that do not exist -f infilename infilename contains a list of files to be processed by application. Use - for stdin. -e directory directory to exclude (repeat option for more than one directory.) -R -r change files and directories file labels recursively -n don't change any file labels. -o outfilename save list of files with incorrect context in outfilename. -p show progress by printing * every 1000 files. -v show changes in file labels. -vv show changes in file labels, if type, role, or user are changing. -p show a progress indication in the form of one dot per 1000 files. -F Force reset of context to match file_context for customizable files, or the user section, if it has changed. -0 Input items are terminated by a null character instead of by whitespace, and the quotes and backslash are not special (every char- acter is taken literally). Disables the end of file string, which is treated like any other argument. Useful when input items might contain white space, quote marks, or backslashes.The GNU find -print0 option produces input suitable for this mode. ARGUMENTS
pathname... The pathname for the file(s) to be relabeled. NOTE
restorecon does not follow symbolic links. AUTHOR
This man page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. Some of the content of this man page was taken from the setfiles man page written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. The program was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
load_policy(8), checkpolicy(8) setfiles(8) 2002031409 restorecon(8)