Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Complex Event Processing RSS News EDA, SOA and EP in the Blogosphere Post 302137940 by Linux Bot on Thursday 27th of September 2007 06:10:07 PM
Old 09-27-2007
EDA, SOA and EP in the Blogosphere

Tim Bass
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:41:15 +0000
My dear EPRAWG co-chair and leading event processing community builder Opher Etzion, added to the chorus of my recent post, EDA is EDA. SOA is SOA. with More on EDA is EDA and SOA is SOA. Opher correctly elaborates that event processing can be event driven, as in EDA; or event processing can be request-reply driven, as in SOA and similar request-reply architectures.
Now, if I could just convince all my fellow CEP and EP bloggers to turn on trackbacks and pingbacks so we could benefit from the core sense of community that blogs offer! TIBCO’s CEP blog does not respond to trackbacks and pingbacks; so this isolates their posts from the true benefit of the blogosphere. Opher’s blog is not responding to pingbacks and trackbacks either.
So, I kindly ask all my friends in the CEP/EP community to take a moment to insure that their trackbacks are working, so we can benefit from building the CEP/EP blogosphere as a community.
In closing, I think I speak for everyone in our community when I say that we greatly miss the leadership and insight of our good friend Mark Palmer in the blogosphere - and we wish him the very best and look forward to his future posts and collaboration!

Source...

ARES_PARSE_SOA_REPLY(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   ARES_PARSE_SOA_REPLY(3)

NAME
ares_parse_soa_reply - Parse a reply to a DNS query of type SOA SYNOPSIS
#include <ares.h> int ares_parse_soa_reply(const unsigned char* abuf, int alen, struct ares_soa_reply** soa_out); DESCRIPTION
The ares_parse_soa_reply function parses the response to a query of type SOA into a struct ares_soa_reply. The parameters abuf and alen give the contents of the response. The result is stored in allocated memory and a pointer to it stored into the variable pointed to by soa_out. It is the caller's responsibility to free the resulting soa_out structure when it is no longer needed using the function ares_free_data The structure ares_soa_reply contains the following fields: struct ares_soa_reply { char *nsname; char *hostmaster; unsigned int serial; unsigned int refresh; unsigned int retry; unsigned int expire; unsigned int minttl; }; RETURN VALUES
ares_parse_soa_reply can return any of the following values: ARES_SUCCESS The response was successfully parsed. ARES_EBADRESP The response was malformatted. ARES_ENODATA The response did not contain an answer to the query. ARES_ENOMEM Memory was exhausted. AVAILABILITY
This function was first introduced in c-ares version 1.9.0. SEE ALSO
ares_query(3) ares_free_data(3) 29 May 2012 ARES_PARSE_SOA_REPLY(3)