Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New User/Mail setup question. PLEASE help. Post 302137834 by ajcannon on Thursday 27th of September 2007 06:19:19 AM
Old 09-27-2007
A maybe

Have a look at /etc/alias(s)

I am not *sure* this is your solution but i have seen /etc/aliases used to get mail forwarded from one account to another

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail outgoing mail only setup.

Hi. I need to set up sendmail so that it can send mail to a mail relay. I have never touched sendmail before so I am not sure how to do this. All incoming mail is directed to a different server - this is just to enable me to get mail out. Running Solaris 8 on Sparc. Many thanks, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup mail server on my unix machine

hi, i just finished installation solaris 8 on my unix machine. i want to setup a mail server on it ( i assume it has not had one yet). so, what is my first step? where can i find out step by step configuration procedure on web ? so any expert is willing to teach me? pls help me. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. Solaris

user setup - only ftp access

I want to setup a user on my server and only allow that user to ftp to my server but not to be able to get to command line (telnet /ssh) I ammended my /etc/passwd so the users shell would be /usr/bin/false and this prevents log on but it also prevents the ftp.. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

READING mail from /var/mail/user

Hello guys, I'm in desperate need. I need to write a script that behaves like a "mail" shell program. I've a base of the program -menu and so on, but what I cannot do is how to read messages from /var/mail/user. I would like to separate them as "mail" program does, but I;m just a newbie and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: petoSVK
21 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup of user a/c in mysql in linux

Hi Friends, I am new user of linux operating system. I wanted to install a software but facing a difficulty. I am not able to proceed to the next statement without resolving this. WFT is the software i need for my purpose. Setup a MySQL user account for WTF that will have access to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alma
1 Replies

6. Linux

problems in linux mail server setup

hi i want to set up LInux mail server for intranet purpose. i used following document as reference Linux Mail Server softwares used are : Postfix # pre installed Procmail # pre installed Fetchmail # pre installed SpamBayes Mutt #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

7. AIX

mail setup in AIX

Hi All, We are using IBM AIX. I have to send an automated mail from unix. For which i tried mail -s "test message" <mail id> It didn't give me any error message. but i didn't get any mail. On checking mail command, i see the below details. Final-Recipient: RFC822;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail Setup on Linux

Hi Guys, I need to send mail from linux to my outlook email id. mailx command is not working. I guess, some configuration is required. Don't know what exactly needs to be done. Please help. Thanks, Vikas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikanna
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

fetchmail and postfix mail setup on Snow Leopard - request for guidance

Howdy, I hope it is ok to post this here. I would like to do all my POP3 email with fetchmail, postfix and emacs. On Snow Leopard 10.6.8 - this is not urgent and I really want to do it in one of the right ways. This is fetchmail release 6.3.11+GSS+SSL+KRB5. postconf mail_version = 2.5.14 GNU... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies
Mail::SPF::Mech::All(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Mail::SPF::Mech::All(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::Mech::All - SPF record "all" mechanism class DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::Mech::All represents an SPF record mechanism of type "all". Constructors The following constructors are provided: new: returns Mail::SPF::Mech::All Creates a new SPF record "all" mechanism object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: qualifier See "new" in Mail::SPF::Mech. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::All; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidMech Creates a new SPF record "all" mechanism object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: default_qualifier qualifier_pattern See "Class methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. name: returns string Returns 'all'. name_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches a mechanism name of 'all'. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: text qualifier name stringify See "Instance methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. match($server, $request): returns boolean Returns true because the "all" mechanism always matches. See RFC 4408, 5.1, for details. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Record, Mail::SPF::Term, Mail::SPF::Mech <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4408.txt> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Mail::SPF::Mech::All(3)