Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hangman written in Bash. Suggestions please... Post 302137687 by rorey_breaker on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 10:03:48 AM
Old 09-26-2007
Hangman written in Bash. Suggestions please...

qwertyuiop

Last edited by rorey_breaker; 10-23-2007 at 04:34 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File being used/written

Hello, Which command in unix can tell whether a file is being used/written by another process. e.g. If one process is copying a very big file in some directory and there is another cronjob process which checks for a new file and in this directory and process the file. I want to check, if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking a file is not being written to

Hello All I am attempting to write a shell script (bourne shell script) which will copy a tar'd and compressed file from a directory to a staging area but will not know whether the file is still open for write since files are being ftp's to my site at random times during the day. Once I am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanejm
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Hangman Game

Any ideas on whats the best way to form a hangman game via bash shell. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: immyakram
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hangman Script

Hello everyone, im just having some problem forming a script for a hangman script. The question states: The object this excercise is for u to write a script that emulate the classic game hangman. The object of this game is for a user to try and guess a word which has been generated by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: immyakram
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions/cleanup Bash script

Hello, beginner bash scripter here.. I was able to write a script and it works just fine. I'm just wondering if someone could chime in or any suggestions to make it cleaner or tighter so to speak. I have a disk to disk backup solution which uses 250GB disks. When one gets full I just po in a new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with hangman

i want to create the known game hangman wordlist=./hangmanword //hangman word is my text file which include words i use this code to generate a random number corresponding to a word in our file and works fine calculate and generate a right number wordline=$( wc -l ${wordlist} | awk '{print... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainis
9 Replies

7. Solaris

syslog is not getting written

hi all syslog is not getting written. i am getting following two logs snmpd.log & authlog logs. please tell what are two logs snmpd.log & authlog logs. why syslog is not written. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Hold script until all contents of a file is written

I have to hit a very large database to pull fields of information. I have a script that runs multiple instance of the same query against the data base and writes contents to a file. The script terminates before the file is completely written to confirmed by ps -ef | grep <script name>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies
wmemcmp(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wmemcmp(3C)

NAME
wmemcmp - compare wide-characters in memory SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> int wmemcmp(const wchar_t *ws1, const wchar_t *ws2, size_t n); DESCRIPTION
The wmemcmp() function compares the first n wide-characters of the object pointed to by ws1 to the first n wide-characters of the object pointed to by ws2. This function is not affected by locale and all wchar_t values are treated identically. The null wide-character and wchar_t values not corresponding to valid characters are not treated specially. If n is zero, ws1 and ws2 must be a valid pointers and the function behaves as if the two objects compare equal. RETURN VALUES
The wmemcmp() function returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, accordingly as the object pointed to by ws1 is greater than, equal to, or less than the object pointed to by ws2. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wmemchr(3C), wmemcpy(3C), wmemmove(3C), wmemset(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Aug 2002 wmemcmp(3C)