Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing error in if statement Post 302137506 by kahuna on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 10:46:21 AM
Old 09-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Code:
pkginfo xxx | grep "was not found"

A minor correction. I think part of the problem is that the message is going to stderr and not stdout. It should be

Code:
pkginfo xxx 2>&1 | grep "was not found"

Last edited by kahuna; 09-25-2007 at 11:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xml parsing error in perl

******************PERL VERSION************************ This is perl, v5.8.1 built for i386-linux-thread-multi ERROR!!!!---Undefined subroutine &main::start called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469. *********************PERL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

(sed) parsing insert statement column that crosses multiple lines

I have a file with a set of insert statements some of which have a single column value that crosses multiple lines causing the statement to fail in sql*plue. Can someone help me with a sed script to replace the new lines with chr(10)? here is an example: insert into mytable(id, field1, field2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjordan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

4. Linux

error in if statement

Hi , I am getting an error when I run the script for checking word "view" in a file . I am using if statement. like this if then VW_VAR=` cat $TN.${ecmdate}.sql1 | grep -i view | awk '{print $3}' | cut -d '.' -f2 ` echo " VW_$VW_VAR " sed -e... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in IF statement

HI i am getting error while executing the given statement for filename in `cat a/file.lst` do if then echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Directory" >a.log exit else count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename` echo "$count1">>a.log count2=`awk 'END {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed parsing error

I'm having a problem with a sed script. A programmer needs to change columns 942,943,944 to blank spaces only where it has the number 999 in every line. I didn't have a copy of the data file to test with originally so made my own up with a bunch of x's and put 999 in columns 5-7. The sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravy26
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

8. AIX

parsing error when I run RSYNC

This is what I get when I run the RSYNC command. I just created brand new ssh2 rsa keys. warning: /come/out/and/play/.ssh2/id_rsa_2048_a: 4: parsing line failed. warning: /come/out/and/play/.ssh2/id_rsa_2048_a: 5: parsing line failed. warning: " " " " " " " " ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a PATH statement

I have a script that will be placing a trigger file for other applications. The user-inputted path is similar to: "/data/region/NorthAm/Project HAV 8H" The project path will not change throughout the script. However, pwd changes as the scanning continues in the script. I need to truncate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)