Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script sourcing problem (ksh) Post 302137038 by brdholman on Friday 21st of September 2007 09:29:12 AM
Old 09-21-2007
And is it possible to run a script that calls another script 2 directories above, but still refer to a child directory of the original one?

top directory
|
V
SBCS directory
|
V
Version directory (main script that calls generic script from top directory and needs to run stuff from Tar directory)
|
V
Tar directory (where untarred scripts/files are)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ksh script problem

This is a search script that I have developed. It finds the records that I look for. However the only thing I want the program to do now is to display a message such as 'Not Found' to appear when a record is not found. So far when a search doesn't display a record, the screen is blank. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warrior232
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem in script

Hi I made a small script which uses ksh. When i run the script then i get the following error However when i run each of the commands on the commandline they get executed and provide the desired output. i cant figure out why the script is not running. Kindly Help Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

word too long..problem while sourcing .cshrc

I am setting my PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH through .cshrc file while sourcing it on a old shell i am getting the error word too long .and the changes which i anm doing doesn't get updated . i am in a multi user environment so the only way to do the changes only for my shell is to do it that way. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$1 stays set after sourcing shell script.

ok, so I have a shell script that can be called using the first argument ($1) or not. This argument is a word (Tim for example) and not an actual flag (-x for example). If I call the script with an argument and call the same script without one, it believes that I provided an argument. Note here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing variables from another script

My manager required that i keep the hostnames and username and password in a separate file when creating my sftp script. (Don't mention passwords and sftp...I've talk to him about this several times) I have a list of hostnames that have to be read in a loop in my main script. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dot sourcing differences in ksh, AIX vs Linux vs Solaris

Why does dot sourcing of ksh functions behave so differently between AIX, Solaris, and Linux? How can I make Linux behave the way I want in the test I show below? I have a library of interdependent functions I have developed and use in ksh in AIX. They also run in Solaris. Now I am migrating... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles_n_may
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing Env file with eval works with ksh but not BASH

Hi, I am running this on Redhat 5.10 I have a simple test script called test.sh which has the following contents and it uses the BASH shebang. ------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash eval `/tmp/filereader.pl /tmp/envfile.txt` echo "TESTPATH=$TESTPATH" ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
28 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resume parent shell after sourcing another script

#! /bin/ksh #first.sh echo "b4 set exit as return" alias exit=return echo "call second" . ./second.sh echo "after second" #. ./third.sh unalias exit echo "ho lanciato il terzo" =================// #second.sh echo "in scond" exit ==============// the above code works in k... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)