Full Discussion: su auto run help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers su auto run help Post 302136917 by sysgate on Thursday 20th of September 2007 11:12:27 AM
with TCL/expect - drawback - you need to store root pass in file. Example :
Code:
spawn su -
expect ?assword:
send "root-pass-here\r"

or else use sudo

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #836
Difficulty: Medium
SOAP is a data serialization specification.
True or False?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto run

Hi, There is a excutable program on Linux server and requires user to input some numbers to take them go through different steps to do things. I need to make the process from manual to automatic. I wrote a file that have each steps already typied. When user runs the program, I make them use below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto run script on USB device

Okay I want to write a script that I put on a jump drive. And when you plug the USB in this script executes. How would i go about doing this? I don't care what the program does right now. I just want to know how this would be done. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

has no rc.local in /etc, how to auto run cmd in the boot process?

Hi I want to run some cmd before the linux boot up and I want to let it run before sshd service start, any helps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press

Hi, I have been trying to do a small fun project for myself. I want to run a command for 45 seconds. And to get the final output of this command, the script requires I push the "q" key on my keyboard and then the final output file becomes available. I tried the following script. But it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
RC(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     RC(8)

NAME
rc - command script for auto-reboot and daemons SYNOPSIS
/etc/rc /etc/rc.local DESCRIPTION
Rc is the command script which controls the automatic reboot and rc.local is the script holding commands which are pertinent only to a spe- cific site. When an automatic reboot is in progress, rc is invoked with the argument autoboot and runs a fsck with option -p to ``preen'' all the disks of minor inconsistencies resulting from the last system shutdown and to check for serious inconsistencies caused by hardware or software failure. If this auto-check and repair succeeds, then the second part of rc is run. The second part of rc, which is run after a auto-reboot succeeds and also if rc is invoked when a single user shell terminates (see init(8)), starts all the daemons on the system, preserves editor files and clears the scratch directory /tmp. Rc.local is executed immedi- ately before any other commands after a successful fsck. Normally, the first commands placed in the rc.local file define the machine's name, using hostname(1), and save any possible core image that might have been generated as a result of a system crash, savecore(8). The latter command is included in the rc.local file because the directory in which core dumps are saved is usually site specific. SEE ALSO
init(8), reboot(8), savecore(8) BUGS
4th Berkeley Distribution April 27, 1985 RC(8)

Featured Tech Videos