Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: capture ping to a file
Operating Systems Solaris capture ping to a file Post 302136900 by MizzGail on Thursday 20th of September 2007 09:31:23 AM
Old 09-20-2007
AH. I was looking for that in the man pages. Missed it.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture Value from file

I have a file in the following Format Fundid: 100-BankA AccountNumber Balance 1 200 2 300 3 400 FundId:123321-BankB AccountNumber Balance 1 200 3 100 ........... I can have N number of funds. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the file name

I am trying to capture the file name(which is not of fixed length) and put it in a variable. It is working in unix whereas when I am running the same script in Informatica it is not giving me the desired output. But when I comment the option(find the file name) then it is working fine. It can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture new lines in a file and copy it to new file

Hi All, I have a file that gives me new line/output every 5 minutes. I need to create a script that capture new line/output besides "IN CRON_STATUS", in this case the new output is "begin ------ cron_status.sh - -----------". I want this script to capture the line starting from "begin ------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture data in a file

How to capture the rows in a file after executing the store procedure using the perl scripts? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture output of file and send last string thereof to new file

Hello, If I run a program from within shell, the output is displayed in the command line terminal. Is there a way I can capture that output and choose only the very last string in it to send it to a new file? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the last file when you don't know the all name

I have to ftp a file from a directory in Windows, I need to be able to ftp the last file that was put in the directory, the only thing I know about that file is that the 4 first digits are always the same (3520) then it is a _5(more digits), random digits, so it will be something like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String capture from ip file

Dear All From below mention input file I want op file as mention. Kindly help. IP file: "BSCGNR4_IPA17_C" 329 140119 0717 RXOCF-105 KJO001_BASC_NG AC FAULTY DG ON DOOR OPEN Needed OP: 140119 0717 KJO001_BASC_NG AC FAULTY DG ON DOOR OPEN Note that string mark in red as variable in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)