Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Waiting time of Process
Operating Systems AIX Waiting time of Process Post 302136779 by kapilraj on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 05:06:57 PM
Old 09-19-2007
I thought the last column was "Wait I/O"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

waiting process

how to know the information of the waiting process how to calculate the time of the process that it has taken to execute i want to make a program that Should be able to keep a log of the processes expired(The log should contain the starting time, expiry time, time slices used, total execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shukla_chanchal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process(s) ID waiting on IO?

Hello Experts!! My CPU is waiting a lot (around 33%) on I/O. I would like to find out what process(s) are waiting on the i/o. Below is my real time output of vmstat and sar. Thanks for you help !!!! Regards Citrus OS: AIX - 5L : /u2/oracle >oslevel 5.3.0.0 : /u2/oracle... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Citrus143
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for a background process to finish

Hello, I am a novice shell script programmer. And facing this problem any help is appreciated. I m writing a shell script and running few commands in it background as I have to run them simultaneously. Sample code : sql_prog & sql_prog & sql_prog & echo "Process Completed" Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetbhati
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for an arbitrary background process (limiting number of jobs running)

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to decompress a directory full of files. The decompression commands can run in the background, so that many can run at once. But I want to limit the number running at any one time, so that I don't overload the machine. Something like this: n=0 for i in *.gz... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.f.moore
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for the background process to finish

Hi, I have on shell script which internally calls more than one scripts which run in background. These scripts cannot be modified to run in foreground. eg. myscript.sh -> bulk_launcher.sh -> acq_launcher.sh -> bulk_loader.sh I want the calling shell script myscript.sh to wait till the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to measure waiting time in run queue?

Hello guys, I am doing a performance analysis on one of our psystem. Most of time I am using Nmon analyser to do my trend graph. But I can't find any help with it. We are interesting in the time spend by tasks in Aix run queue. After looking the Aix documentation, I am pessimist to find any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiiGii
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for a process to complete in shell script

Hi, I need to initiate a process script which will start and do some processing and then shuts down. Then i need to other verifications. But the the process takes around 25 to 3o minutes. One thing i can monitor the nohup.out file for this process where i can wait for shutting down statement to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth19
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect that foreground process is waiting for input?

Hi, I have to create a script (ksh or perl) that starts certain number of parallel jobs (another scripts), each of them runs as a foreground process in a separate session. Plus I start monitoring job that has to determine if any of those scripts is expecting input from operator, and switch to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyh80
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subprocess.popen() should write to log without waiting for process to complete

Here is my test code process = sp.Popen( + , bufsize=1, universal_newlines=True, stdout=sp.PIPE, stderr=sp.STDOUT, cwd=src_home) output, _ =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
2 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD