Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 dualboot with Win Xp sp2 ....Plz help !!!!! Post 302136633 by simka on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 01:41:13 AM
Old 09-19-2007
Maybe you can intall a virtual machine on to the XP. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on X86 Platform on the same Disk having XP SP2

Plz help me in installing solaris 10 11/06 on XP sp2 system having only one hard disk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skargarika
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris operation plz help

solaris operation :confused: ive tryd that comand in the terminal but seems not finding the wine program i downloaded it from winehq.com and it downloaded to the downloads folder as a TAR.BZ2 file so i extracted that in the downloads file but thats as far as ive got any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdex
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dualboot not working after installing Solaris

I have a home pc with dual boot (Grub) with Red Hat as one OS, and Win XP as second OS. Recently, I removed RedHat with Solaris, but Solaris removed Grub and marked win xp C: partition as logical volume. I removed Solaris with redHad after that, and I have Grub again... but second OS (win xp) is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup Win server 08 onto Solaris

Greetings fellows, So, we have a Win8 server which is a profile server; its main purpose is to have a shared disc called Homes for roaming profiles. We want to create a backup, and copy files from this "Homes" drive onto SOlaris. We have read we could do it with rsync. Another engineer,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 / Linux dualboot?

can this be even done, and if yes then what is the safest way to do so? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
3 Replies
MACHINECTL(1)							    machinectl							     MACHINECTL(1)

NAME
machinectl - Control the systemd machine manager SYNOPSIS
machinectl [OPTIONS...] {COMMAND} [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
machinectl may be used to introspect and control the state of the systemd(1) virtual machine and container registration manager systemd- machined.service(8). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. -p, --property= When showing machine properties, limit the output to certain properties as specified by the argument. If not specified, all set properties are shown. The argument should be a property name, such as "Name". If specified more than once, all properties with the specified names are shown. -a, --all When showing machine properties, show all properties regardless of whether they are set or not. -l, --full Do not ellipsize process tree entries. --no-pager Do not pipe output into a pager. --no-ask-password Do not query the user for authentication for privileged operations. --kill-who= When used with kill-machine, choose which processes to kill. Must be one of leader, or all to select whether to kill only the leader process of the machine or all processes of the machine. If omitted, defaults to all. -s, --signal= When used with kill-machine, choose which signal to send to selected processes. Must be one of the well-known signal specifiers, such as SIGTERM, SIGINT or SIGSTOP. If omitted, defaults to SIGTERM. -H, --host Execute operation remotely. Specify a hostname, or username and hostname separated by "@", to connect to. This will use SSH to talk to the remote machine manager instance. -P, --privileged Acquire privileges via PolicyKit before executing the operation. The following commands are understood: list List currently running virtual machines and containers. status [ID...] Show terse runtime status information about one or more virtual machines and containers. This function is intended to generate human-readable output. If you are looking for computer-parsable output, use show instead. show [ID...] Show properties of one or more registered virtual machines or containers or the manager itself. If no argument is specified, properties of the manager will be shown. If an ID is specified, properties of this virtual machine or container are shown. By default, empty properties are suppressed. Use --all to show those too. To select specific properties to show, use --property=. This command is intended to be used whenever computer-parsable output is required. Use status if you are looking for formatted human-readable output. terminate [ID...] Terminates a virtual machine or container. This kills all processes of the virtual machine or container and deallocates all resources attached to that instance. kill [ID...] Send a signal to one or more processes of the virtual machine or container. This means processes as seen by the host, not the processes inside the virtual machine or container. Use --kill-who= to select which process to kill. Use --signal= to select the signal to send. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
$SYSTEMD_PAGER Pager to use when --no-pager is not given; overrides $PAGER. Setting this to an empty string or the value "cat" is equivalent to passing --no-pager. SEE ALSO
systemd-machined.service(8), systemd-logind.service(8), systemd.special(7). systemd 208 MACHINECTL(1)