Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 dualboot with Win Xp sp2 ....Plz help !!!!! Post 302136633 by simka on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 01:41:13 AM
Old 09-19-2007
Maybe you can intall a virtual machine on to the XP. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on X86 Platform on the same Disk having XP SP2

Plz help me in installing solaris 10 11/06 on XP sp2 system having only one hard disk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skargarika
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris operation plz help

solaris operation :confused: ive tryd that comand in the terminal but seems not finding the wine program i downloaded it from winehq.com and it downloaded to the downloads folder as a TAR.BZ2 file so i extracted that in the downloads file but thats as far as ive got any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdex
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dualboot not working after installing Solaris

I have a home pc with dual boot (Grub) with Red Hat as one OS, and Win XP as second OS. Recently, I removed RedHat with Solaris, but Solaris removed Grub and marked win xp C: partition as logical volume. I removed Solaris with redHad after that, and I have Grub again... but second OS (win xp) is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup Win server 08 onto Solaris

Greetings fellows, So, we have a Win8 server which is a profile server; its main purpose is to have a shared disc called Homes for roaming profiles. We want to create a backup, and copy files from this "Homes" drive onto SOlaris. We have read we could do it with rsync. Another engineer,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 / Linux dualboot?

can this be even done, and if yes then what is the safest way to do so? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
3 Replies
MSTAT(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						       MSTAT(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_mstat - Returns the status of a host in the virtual machine. SYNOPSIS
C int mstat = pvm_mstat( char *host ) Fortran call pvmfmstat( host, mstat ) PARAMETERS
host Character string containing the host name. mstat Integer returning machine status: value MEANING PvmOk host is OK PvmNoHost host is not in virtual machine PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed) DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_mstat returns the status mstat of the computer named host with respect to running PVM processes. This routine can be used to determine if a particular host has failed and if the virtual machine needs to be reconfigured. The function pvm_notify() can also be used to notify the caller that a host has failed. EXAMPLES
C: mstat = pvm_mstat( "msr.ornl.gov" ); Fortran: CALL PVMFMSTAT( 'msr.ornl.gov', MSTAT ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_mstat PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. PvmNoHost giving a host name not in the virtual machine. PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed). SEE ALSO
pvm_notify(3PVM), pvm_config(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 MSTAT(3PVM)