Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error - "Too many words from '' " Post 302136617 by SanjayLinux on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 12:44:42 AM
Old 09-19-2007
Hammer & Screwdriver Give some info

If you will help us !! We help you Smilie
Can you provide some more info with example and code as well

~~~Sanjay Tripathi~~~

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

ERROR: more than one instance of overloaded function "vprintf" has "C" linkage

Hi people! I've got this own library: -------------------------------------------- Personal.h -------------------------------------------- #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif #include <stdio.h> #include <stdarg.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donatoll
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. AIX

"Frames" and "Words" in fcstat output

What are "Frames" and "Words" in the fcstat output? vio1:/home/padmin:# fcstat fcs0 <snip> Transmit Statistics Receive Statistics ------------------- ------------------ Frames: 122844229 363445456 Words: 50940091904 171210861568 <snip> The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kah00na
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate words in first column between "10" repetiotions

hello I have a file of the form: nameA number number ... nameB number number ... nameA number number ... nameC number number ... nameD number number ... 10 nameA number number ... nameC number number ... nameB number number ... nameC number number ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
error(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  error(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
error - Generate an error SYNOPSIS
error message ?info? ?code? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns a TCL_ERROR code, which causes command interpretation to be unwound. Message is a string that is returned to the application to indicate what went wrong. If the info argument is provided and is non-empty, it is used to initialize the global variable errorInfo. errorInfo is used to accumulate a stack trace of what was in progress when an error occurred; as nested commands unwind, the Tcl interpreter adds information to errorInfo. If the info argument is present, it is used to initialize errorInfo and the first increment of unwind information will not be added by the Tcl interpreter. In other words, the command containing the error command will not appear in errorInfo; in its place will be info. This feature is most useful in conjunction with the catch command: if a caught error cannot be handled successfully, info can be used to return a stack trace reflecting the original point of occurrence of the error: catch {...} errMsg set savedInfo $errorInfo ... error $errMsg $savedInfo If the code argument is present, then its value is stored in the errorCode global variable. This variable is intended to hold a machine- readable description of the error in cases where such information is available; see the tclvars manual page for information on the proper format for the variable. If the code argument is not present, then errorCode is automatically reset to ``NONE'' by the Tcl interpreter as part of processing the error generated by the command. SEE ALSO
catch(n), tclvars(n) KEYWORDS
error, errorCode, errorInfo Tcl error(n)