Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OK prompt
Operating Systems Solaris OK prompt Post 302136586 by rhfrommn on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 04:01:01 PM
Old 09-18-2007
You could try <CR> ~ ctrl-b (carriage return, tilde, control b)

or possibly ~ break (spell the word "break")

Those are the other two sneaky ways I know of that sometimes work, depending on your config files/settings.

If you can log into the server as root, check out your /etc/default/kbd file. It should tell you if the alternate break sequence is enabled or not. Google that file for way more details than you could possibly want :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompt

how do we change the command prompt? right now my prompt says felix% where felix is the machine i´m on. but how do we change it? for example, how can i make it say me% and how do we get it to tell us what directory we are under because when i change into a subdir then the prompt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeldivady
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompt why ?

Even though I give rm -f *, the files are listed for confirmation of removal . Why ? Thanks LS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't get ok prompt

Hi, I'm attempting to reinstall a damaged installation of Solaris 9 (on a SunFire). Connected via serial from a PC. Can't get to the "ok" prompt to launch install from CD. Ctrl+break acknowledges my request for a break, but no prompt. "#." gets me an "sc>" prompt, with several options, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shonenfan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to a prompt a particular value???

Hi i am working with clearcase in my UNIX machine... Accidentally some had ran a script to check out all files in the machine.... Now i am actually trying to uncheck out all those files and had written a script for it.... The problem is that when ever i am trying to uncheck out the files, its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Changing prompt

I currently have this as my prompt when I log in (shell is sh): PS1="`hostname ` # " My question is how do I add the current directory to that prompt? Is there a way? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
5 Replies

6. Solaris

ok prompt

There is a number before the ok prompt in OBP between brackets {}. It is 0 most of the time but sometimes it is different number {9} ok or {0} ok What does this number mean and how it gets changed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
3 Replies

7. Solaris

No prompt!

We have a Solaris 10 machine. Today a weird issue happened. After login remotely via ssh, the motd appeared BUT there was no prompt! The prompt only appears after pressing Ctrl+d or Ctrl+c. Strange behaviour. I have checked /etc/profile and own user .profile, there is no anamoly. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP prompt

Hello, I am connectin to a remote server using: ftp -n -i <server> user <username> <password> lcd ~/YAFFA after i execute lcd command ther is a prompt: "Local directory now /home/YAFFA" How can is make it disappear? :confused: Please use and tags when posting code, data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)