Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl progress bar dialog
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl progress bar dialog Post 302136553 by cbkihong on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 10:32:22 AM
Old 09-18-2007
Why do you have to integrate with wget? Why not just try LWP in perl instead, or WWW::Curl? I cannot think of any good way to do it unless you have access to a WWW library such as curl or LWP, that you can implement whatever status reporting with it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

progress bar

Hi all, I want to print # like that in a progress bar.. For e.g We can notice that during installation ... but,how to do that? Thnx, sakthi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to have a cp progress bar?

Hi all, This is a reformed post to my earlier ones!!!!!! I would like to know how to include a progress bar while using the cp... I am copying a few huge files from cdrom but am unable to figure out ,how to give a progress bar!!!!! I checked out other sites as well,but the issue here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi friends, how can I show a progress bar for any running process in the shell script. For example when I am copying or compressing a file. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

hi all, in shell script (ksh), how do i write a progress bar ?? i have a script which searches files and while its searching i am currently printing out "." and if it finds what its searching for the script prints out the name of the file e.g .................. firstFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress Bar in Perl for UNIX

Hi Programmers, I just wrote a small script to print the percent complete. This maybe useful for someone! #!/usr/local/bin/perl # Total from which percentage will be calculated $cnt = 16; $|=1; for($i=0;$i<$cnt;$i++) { # Calculate Percentage $percent = ($i/$cnt)*100; (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hifake
13 Replies

6. Programming

A progress bar in C

Hello, it's me again...:eek: I need to create a progress bar in C, but i have no idea on how to do it. i want it to output something like this: Progress: 58% But i can't get it to work. Could you please post an example progress bar written in ANSI C? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar for cp

I'm trying to use this code to get a progress bar for cp: "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?" But I'm getting these errors: stat: illegal option -- c usage: stat awk: division by zero input record number 1, file source line number 4 I'm using Mac OS X 10.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Progress BAR

Looking for a solution to why my progress bar not working My code print "STARTED:\n "; my $pdf = CAM::PDF->new('XYZ.pdf') or die $CAM::PDF::errstr; print STDOUT "Processing File: "; open (FILE, ">bill_data.txt") || die "Unable to save Bill_data.txt file"; for my $pagenum (1 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi Experts; Im in the process of writing a shell script for enabling an IT operations to run archiving.We use netbackup. The script is complete, though there is one bit that i need help on. Im trying to have a progess bar for the procedure.I have gone through the man page of the command in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies
LWP::RobotUA(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP::RobotUA(3)

NAME
LWP::RobotUA - a class for well-behaved Web robots SYNOPSIS
use LWP::RobotUA; my $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new('my-robot/0.1', 'me@foo.com'); $ua->delay(10); # be very nice -- max one hit every ten minutes! ... # Then just use it just like a normal LWP::UserAgent: my $response = $ua->get('http://whatever.int/...'); ... DESCRIPTION
This class implements a user agent that is suitable for robot applications. Robots should be nice to the servers they visit. They should consult the /robots.txt file to ensure that they are welcomed and they should not make requests too frequently. But before you consider writing a robot, take a look at <URL:http://www.robotstxt.org/>. When you use a LWP::RobotUA object as your user agent, then you do not really have to think about these things yourself; "robots.txt" files are automatically consulted and obeyed, the server isn't queried too rapidly, and so on. Just send requests as you do when you are using a normal LWP::UserAgent object (using "$ua->get(...)", "$ua->head(...)", "$ua->request(...)", etc.), and this special agent will make sure you are nice. METHODS
The LWP::RobotUA is a sub-class of LWP::UserAgent and implements the same methods. In addition the following methods are provided: $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( %options ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from, $rules ) The LWP::UserAgent options "agent" and "from" are mandatory. The options "delay", "use_sleep" and "rules" initialize attributes private to the RobotUA. If "rules" are not provided, then "WWW::RobotRules" is instantiated providing an internal database of robots.txt. It is also possible to just pass the value of "agent", "from" and optionally "rules" as plain positional arguments. $ua->delay $ua->delay( $minutes ) Get/set the minimum delay between requests to the same server, in minutes. The default is 1 minute. Note that this number doesn't have to be an integer; for example, this sets the delay to 10 seconds: $ua->delay(10/60); $ua->use_sleep $ua->use_sleep( $boolean ) Get/set a value indicating whether the UA should sleep() if requests arrive too fast, defined as $ua->delay minutes not passed since last request to the given server. The default is TRUE. If this value is FALSE then an internal SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE response will be generated. It will have an Retry-After header that indicates when it is OK to send another request to this server. $ua->rules $ua->rules( $rules ) Set/get which WWW::RobotRules object to use. $ua->no_visits( $netloc ) Returns the number of documents fetched from this server host. Yeah I know, this method should probably have been named num_visits() or something like that. :-( $ua->host_wait( $netloc ) Returns the number of seconds (from now) you must wait before you can make a new request to this host. $ua->as_string Returns a string that describes the state of the UA. Mainly useful for debugging. SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent, WWW::RobotRules COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996-2004 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 LWP::RobotUA(3)