Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to ftp in non-ineractive mode Post 302136551 by mshv123 on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 10:20:44 AM
Old 09-18-2007
Script to ftp in non-ineractive mode

Hi,

I am relatively new to Unix. What I am trying to create now is a script to ftp some file(s) from Unix server to Windows ( not mine) machine. It should be able to run not in interactive mode, eventually I will schedule it to run at certain time intervals.

So far I have created the following script:

ftp windows_server_name
USER my_account_on_win_server
PASS my_password there
put dir_name/file_name
bye

However when I run it it behaves interactively, it asks me for user name and password on target machine anyway. My question is what should I change in this script to make it non-interactive ? My shell is ksh.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PASV mode FTP

Hello, We have a situation wherein the FTP connections from a Client over a secure connection like ANX, when using PASV mode file transfers, the server on our end is sending out an ip address as (0,0,0,0,0,0) for PASV mode. The first four numbers denote the ip address and the last two denote the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Transfering file through FTP through Binary Mode

Hi, I'm uploading files using internet explorer. 1.Open internet explorer 6.0 2.Open site like ftp://172.45.15.1 3.Copy files The files which I'm copying are basically zip files. What is the default transfer mode, I mean ASCII/BINARY ???. The problem I'm facing, while extracting these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file whether it is in binay mode or not while doing ftp??

Hi, One bank statement file should be loaded into some tables by using a concurrent program. But if the file is transfered in binary mode i am getting some special characters in the file which is unexpected. so, for that while moving that file data into tables i want to write a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sateesh.d
2 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP is in maintenance mode always

Hello All, On solaris 10 server i could see the FTP service is in maintenance mode always :mad: Could some assist? svcs -xv svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr:default (NFS lock manager) State: maintenance since Tue 28 Jul 2009 11:47:55 AM BST Reason: Restarting too quickly. See: Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate ineractive applications

Hi Friends, I have a ksh script which is created by a user, 'ustst'. I need to su to another user, 'ghprod' and execute a script created by 'ghprod'. su - ghprod The above cmd asks for ghprod's password. I need to automate such that it takes the password form a hidden file without prompting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the mode of the file after FTP

Hi I am FTPing a file to a remote server from my local server. But after I FTP it the permissions are not in executable option, I need to change the permissions of the FTPed file how can i do that. Below is my script LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess LOCAL_BACKUP_DIR/batch/ediprocessBackUp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
4 Replies

7. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

8. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to send files using Binary mode

I am using below code to send files into ascii mode.what changes will I have to do to send files into Binary mode ? ftp -in <<FIN open $SAP_UP_SERVER user $SAP_UP_USER $SAP_UP_PASSWORD asc put $PM00_OUTPUTS_DIRECTORY/$SAP_UP_FILE_CSV /SAP_UP_FILE_CSV quit FIN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nitin Varshneya
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux