Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to tune kernel Parameters in Solaris 10,9 & how to measure performance Post 302136541 by neel.gurjar on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 08:42:32 AM
Old 09-18-2007
Thanks. Smilie

But where I can tune IPC tunable parameters and how ? for eg.

Resource Obsolete Old Default Maximum New Default
Control Tunable Value Value Value

process.max- msginfo_msgmnb 4096 ULONG_MAX 65536
msg-qbytes

process.max- msginfo_msgtql 40 UINT_MAX 8192
msg-messages

process.max-sem seminfo_semopm 10 INT_MAX 512
-ops

How can i tune parameters like default_stksize, fsflush, ufs_ninode, maxphys etc.

Thanks
NeeleshG

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Kernel Parameters in Solaris 10

Hello, Can anyone point me out as to how to set the following parameters in Solaris Kernel: set semsys:seminfo_semmni=16384, set semsys:seminfo_semmns=32768,set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=1024, set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=16384,set semsys:seminfo_semume=1024, set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295,set... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to fine Tune and Harden the Linux kernel

Hi, As a a security audit, how can I proceed further with Fine tuning and Hardening the linux kernel... I am not sure with the steps how to proceed further... If i do some thing wrong, then its comes with the Kernel panic error. So, I am afraid, how to do the tuning with the kernel.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Please tune my script for Solaris

I have very big log file around 2-3 GB in that it contians 24 hours log data. My work is extract only 5-5 data and count the patterns from them. I worte a script in linux and we're using that. sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > temp.log while read string ;do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to measure g++ performance?

I am working on an application with some rather interesting build performance issues. If we build on Solaris/Linux x86/AMD64 the build is rather fast, but it takes more than five times as long on our Solaris Sparc servers (single-threaded builds on the workstations, but multi-threaded on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
5 Replies

6. AIX

vmo parameters for good performance !

Guy's I'm looking for vmo parameters on AIX 6.1 to be for data base and application servers to enhance the performance Is there any one has tested good vmo tuning and and felt a good performance on his server Pls advice and provide.. :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Setting kernel parameters in solaris 10

hi guys, Prior to the installation of IBM DB2 database on Solaris 10, i need to set the following parameters: kernel.shmmax (SHMMAX) 1 073 741 824 (64-bit kernel) kernel.sem (SEMMNI) 1 024 kernel.msgmni (MSGMNI) 1 024 kernel.msgmax (MSGMAX) 65 536 kernel.msgmnb ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernel parameters problem in Solaris 10

please tell me the list of kernel parameters in solaris10. Because we've a requirement in one project. Also tell me the importance of eah kernel parameter if possible. Thanks in Advance.:):cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What exactly does Kernel parameters do ?

Virtual Machine running on VMWare workstation 9.2 os : RHEL 5.8 RAM : 2.5GB Swap : 2.6gb CPU : 1 virtual CPU Surprizingly I couldn't find much from googling on What exactly does Kernel parameters do ? I was under the impression that kernel parameters just set the limits/maximum for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
2 Replies
core_addshmem_read(5)						File Formats Manual					     core_addshmem_read(5)

NAME
core_addshmem_read - determines the inclusion of readable shared memory in a process core dump VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values or DESCRIPTION
The tunable was added in response to a problem where a customer was limited in debugging a user-level process crash because shared memory segments were not written as part of the core file. Upon core dump, the sections of user memory labeled as shared read-only are written (along with the normal data sections) if this tunable is set to and left out if it is set to Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? When you wish to include read-only shared memory segments in user core files due to debugging needs by developers or maintainers on the system. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? User process core files would increase in most cases (most applications use at least some shared memory). This could be a problem on sys- tems where disk space is at a premium. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? When there is no need for debugging core files where shared memory corruption or data values are in question. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Core files will tend to be smaller. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? Certainly think about which does the same thing for read/write shared memory segments. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters core_addshmem_read(5)