Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl - how do i find out if a file doesn't contain a pattern? Post 302136526 by mjays on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 07:16:43 AM
Old 09-18-2007
thanks guys.

i can use either of those ideas but cbkihong's will be easier to read.

bit annoyed that i didn't think of that myself. i've written loads of unix shell scripts using the 'set variable' method.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP! PERL script to find matched pattern

Hi all, I just learnt Perl and I encountered a problem in my current project. For a verilog file, i am required to write a PERL script that could match pattern to output nitrolink and nitropack. I wont know what name to grep except the pattern below. the verilog file: nitrolink nitrolink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimhuat
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find this pattern in a file

hi all i have a file in my box, which is so huge and full file is in a single line. In this file i have to look for a pattern "ABC01234567" In this above mentioned pattern ABC is fixed and number might change . it will a eight digit random number Thanks so much for all you help ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find a pattern in file

Hi, I would like to find a pattern in a file as follows: I would like to find "or" "OR" "and" "AND" between two numeric values. I have tried this: grep '**or*' But does not work. Appreciate help on this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL pattern matching in a file

Hi Gurus, I have a file like below.. I have to match each with predefined pattern. If matches then have to write the entire record to a separate file. If not make the value as NULL and write the entire record into another file. | is the delimiter ravi123|2344|M R123Vi|2345|F... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvksandeep
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a pattern from an external file in a directory containing multiple file recursively

Hi, Need your help in this. I have an input file that has multiple enrollment_number, somewhat like 1234567 8901234 9856321 6732187 7623465 Now i have to search and delete these enrollment_number recursively from all the files that are within multiple sub-directories of a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why regex pattern doesn't work in find?

$ find /opt/data_* -maxdepth 3 -type d -name "main*" 2> /dev/null /opt/data_025/maindblogs /opt/data_026/maindblogs /opt/data_027/maindblogs /opt/data_028/maindblogs $ find /opt/data_* -maxdepth 3 -type d -name "rvlogs*" 2> /dev/null /opt/data_002/prod/rvlogs2_archive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file of particular pattern

Hi All, I have a file PSU_ 20130805_201308041234522 i want to search this file where variable day=20130805 and curday=20130804 after currday date some numbers will be added.how to search this file by using day and curday. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pracheth
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern - Routes pattern engine SYNOPSIS
use Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern; # Create pattern my $pattern = Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern->new('/test/:name'); # Match routes my $result = $pattern->match('/test/sebastian'); say $result->{name}; DESCRIPTION
Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern is the core of Mojolicious::Routes. ATTRIBUTES
Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern implements the following attributes. "defaults" my $defaults = $pattern->defaults; $pattern = $pattern->defaults({foo => 'bar'}); Default parameters. "format" my $regex = $pattern->format; $pattern = $pattern->format($regex); Compiled regex for format matching. "pattern" my $pattern = $pattern->pattern; $pattern = $pattern->pattern('/(foo)/(bar)'); Raw unparsed pattern. "quote_end" my $quote = $pattern->quote_end; $pattern = $pattern->quote_end(']'); Character indicating the end of a quoted placeholder, defaults to ")". "quote_start" my $quote = $pattern->quote_start; $pattern = $pattern->quote_start('['); Character indicating the start of a quoted placeholder, defaults to "(". "regex" my $regex = $pattern->regex; $pattern = $pattern->regex($regex); Pattern in compiled regex form. "relaxed_start" my $relaxed = $pattern->relaxed_start; $pattern = $pattern->relaxed_start('*'); Character indicating a relaxed placeholder, defaults to "#". "reqs" my $reqs = $pattern->reqs; $pattern = $pattern->reqs({foo => qr/w+/}); Regex constraints. "symbol_start" my $symbol = $pattern->symbol_start; $pattern = $pattern->symbol_start(':'); Character indicating a placeholder, defaults to ":". "symbols" my $symbols = $pattern->symbols; $pattern = $pattern->symbols(['foo', 'bar']); Placeholder names. "tree" my $tree = $pattern->tree; $pattern = $pattern->tree([ ... ]); Pattern in parsed form. "wildcard_start" my $wildcard = $pattern->wildcard_start; $pattern = $pattern->wildcard_start('*'); Character indicating the start of a wildcard placeholder, defaults to "*". METHODS
Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following ones. "new" my $pattern = Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern->new('/:action'); my $pattern = Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern->new('/:action', action => qr/w+/); my $pattern = Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern->new(format => 0); Construct a new pattern object. "match" my $result = $pattern->match('/foo/bar'); my $result = $pattern->match('/foo/bar', 1); Match pattern against entire path, format detection is disabled by default. "parse" $pattern = $pattern->parse('/:action'); $pattern = $pattern->parse('/:action', action => qr/w+/); $pattern = $pattern->parse(format => 0); Parse a raw pattern. "render" my $path = $pattern->render({action => 'foo'}); my $path = $pattern->render({action => 'foo'}, 1); Render pattern into a path with parameters, format rendering is disabled by default. "shape_match" my $result = $pattern->shape_match($path); my $result = $pattern->shape_match($path, 1); Match pattern against path and remove matching parts, format detection is disabled by default. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Routes::Pattern(3pm)