Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with awk cmd
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with awk cmd Post 302136042 by New2Scripting on Friday 14th of September 2007 08:39:10 AM
Old 09-14-2007
Still not working.

Thank you Klashxx. I tried that and it didn't work. After the first set of numbers below should be the date ($IDATE) and then a blank column and then the the last set of numbers (expiration dates) at the end. Do you have another suggestion? Thanks again.

<blank here><blank here>1313<$IDATE here><blank here>3/10/2008
<blank here><blank here>1359<$IDATE here><blank here>3/10/2008

Last edited by New2Scripting; 09-14-2007 at 09:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining many lines to one using awk or any unix cmd

Combining many lines to one using awk or any unix cmd Inputfile: Output : Appreciate help on this. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing awk's system(cmd) output

Hi everybody, I am working on a bigger awk script in which one part is comparing the size of two files. I want to evaluate which file is bigger and then just save the bigger one. I got it all working except for the part where I want to figure out which file is bigger; the one awk is currently... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iMeal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: division by zero attempted

when i try the snippet in the console its working fine: ps awwwux | grep php-fpm | grep -v grep | grep -v master | awk '{total_mem = $6 * 1024 + total_mem; total_proc++} END{printf("%d\n", total_mem / total_proc)}' output: but when i try the bash script: #!/bin/sh # -*- sh -*- #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieloooo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking system(cmd) inside awk command

Hi, I was searching for a way to grep 2 lines before and after a certain keyword, and I came across the following code.. awk "\$0 ~ /ORA-/ { cmd=\"awk 'NR>=\" NR-2 \" && NR<=\" NR+2 \"' init.ora\" system(cmd) }" input_file I could not understand how this works. What is system() ? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the awk cmd for two condition

Hi All, i have following cmd to get a “n/a” value from one particular column, but if i need to take one column n/a value with based on other column this cmd will help? ex: col1 col2 col3 234 RR Yes n/a RR1 No 236 RR2 No 237 RR3 Yes 238 RR4 No n/a ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk cmd for vlookup in Mysql

Hi, Is there possible to do vlookup in Mysql one table from another table based on one column values and placed the data in same table? if it is possible in mysql itself pls share links for reference. Here is the ex: i need to vlookup the cus.id in table to and place the cus.name in 4th... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
3 Replies
Date::Parse(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Date::Parse(3)

NAME
Date::Parse - Parse date strings into time values SYNOPSIS
use Date::Parse; $time = str2time($date); ($ss,$mm,$hh,$day,$month,$year,$zone) = strptime($date); DESCRIPTION
"Date::Parse" provides two routines for parsing date strings into time values. str2time(DATE [, ZONE]) "str2time" parses "DATE" and returns a unix time value, or undef upon failure. "ZONE", if given, specifies the timezone to assume when parsing if the date string does not specify a timezone. strptime(DATE [, ZONE]) "strptime" takes the same arguments as str2time but returns an array of values "($ss,$mm,$hh,$day,$month,$year,$zone)". Elements are only defined if they could be extracted from the date string. The $zone element is the timezone offset in seconds from GMT. An empty array is returned upon failure. MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT Date::Parse is capable of parsing dates in several languages, these include English, French, German and Italian. $lang = Date::Language->new('German'); $lang->str2time("25 Jun 1996 21:09:55 +0100"); EXAMPLE DATES
Below is a sample list of dates that are known to be parsable with Date::Parse 1995:01:24T09:08:17.1823213 ISO-8601 1995-01-24T09:08:17.1823213 Wed, 16 Jun 94 07:29:35 CST Comma and day name are optional Thu, 13 Oct 94 10:13:13 -0700 Wed, 9 Nov 1994 09:50:32 -0500 (EST) Text in ()'s will be ignored. 21 dec 17:05 Will be parsed in the current time zone 21-dec 17:05 21/dec 17:05 21/dec/93 17:05 1999 10:02:18 "GMT" 16 Nov 94 22:28:20 PST LIMITATION
Date::Parse uses Time::Local internally, so is limited to only parsing dates which result in valid values for Time::Local::timelocal. This generally means dates between 1901-12-17 00:00:00 GMT and 2038-01-16 23:59:59 GMT BUGS
When both the month and the date are specified in the date as numbers they are always parsed assuming that the month number comes before the date. This is the usual format used in American dates. The reason why it is like this and not dynamic is that it must be deterministic. Several people have suggested using the current locale, but this will not work as the date being parsed may not be in the format of the current locale. My plans to address this, which will be in a future release, is to allow the programmer to state what order they want these values parsed in. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Graham Barr. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 Date::Parse(3)