Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to get Solaris 10 on the Internet Post 302135828 by RemoL on Wednesday 12th of September 2007 10:24:15 PM
Old 09-12-2007
Yes!!! It works now!!!! Thank you so much.

I had no idea what was going on!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Solaris

configure internet connection on Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting on the Internet with Solaris 8

I have cable and Solaris 8 (Intel Ver.) and a Compaq NC3121 Fast Ethernet NIC How do I connect to the internet? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

internet on solaris

i am on solaris 8 and i wish to configure internet on solaris 8 using our proxy server. How to i do that. Hitesh Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

5. Solaris

No internet - Solaris 10 new install

Hi all I am new to unix having played with linux for a few years (still newbie). My problem is I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I do not seem to have an eth0 connection just a locahost. I read on a blog post somewhere that unix uses pcn0 instead of eth0 but it seems my card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help!

Hello, I have Solaris 10 Express, and am going to try OpenSolaris on a different computer. I need to configure and setup my wireless card, a NetGear WG311T, on my Solaris 10 machine, because I have no internet yet. Please help me get my wireless working, Thanks. -SunPowered Some links... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpowered
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet on solaris

Hi friends,i use BSNL broadband for my internet through a modem(a router) from ethernet port.i use a username and password to connect.Its dhcp .plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santugvd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can go out to internet

I am using Solaris 10 for a Desktop OS , also router has been configured to connect to the net , but error 404 is coming always. :eek: I add new gateway bout that did not worked , so guessing I need to add DNS but where .:D (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)