Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to get Solaris 10 on the Internet Post 302135817 by porter on Wednesday 12th of September 2007 08:50:25 PM
Old 09-12-2007
ifconfig -a is not listing any ethernet card. lo0 is just a loopback adapter.

Does "dmesg" tell you anything about a card being recognized?

What type of laptop and ethernet? Is it PCMCIA or onboard?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Solaris

configure internet connection on Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting on the Internet with Solaris 8

I have cable and Solaris 8 (Intel Ver.) and a Compaq NC3121 Fast Ethernet NIC How do I connect to the internet? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

internet on solaris

i am on solaris 8 and i wish to configure internet on solaris 8 using our proxy server. How to i do that. Hitesh Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

5. Solaris

No internet - Solaris 10 new install

Hi all I am new to unix having played with linux for a few years (still newbie). My problem is I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I do not seem to have an eth0 connection just a locahost. I read on a blog post somewhere that unix uses pcn0 instead of eth0 but it seems my card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help!

Hello, I have Solaris 10 Express, and am going to try OpenSolaris on a different computer. I need to configure and setup my wireless card, a NetGear WG311T, on my Solaris 10 machine, because I have no internet yet. Please help me get my wireless working, Thanks. -SunPowered Some links... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpowered
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet on solaris

Hi friends,i use BSNL broadband for my internet through a modem(a router) from ethernet port.i use a username and password to connect.Its dhcp .plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santugvd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can go out to internet

I am using Solaris 10 for a Desktop OS , also router has been configured to connect to the net , but error 404 is coming always. :eek: I add new gateway bout that did not worked , so guessing I need to add DNS but where .:D (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies
3C574_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       3C574_CS(4)

NAME
3c574_cs - 3Com 3c574 Etherlink XL 10/100 PC Card device driver SYNOPSIS
insmod 3c574_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [if_port=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] [full_duplex=n] [auto_polarity=n] [max_interrupt_work=n] DESCRIPTION
3c574_cs is the low-level Card Services driver for the 3Com 3c574 EtherLink XL PCMCIA ethernet adapter. When this driver is attached to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device (eth0..eth#). This device name will be reported in the kernel log file, and passed on to cardmgr(8). The driver uses the N-Way autonegotiating transceiver to negotiate the speed and duplex of the network link. If the link partner does not support negotiation, only the link speed is detected. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. if_port=n Selects the transceiver type. Only 0, 1, and 4 are acceptable values, other values return an error. This actual value specificed is ignored -- the autonegotiating transceiver selects the media speed and duplex used. irq_list=i,j,... This option limits the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. The default is all normally-usable IRQs. full_duplex=n This flag determines if only full-duplex modes are advertised. It defaults to 0 (false). This flag can be used to control the transceiver's auto polarity detection capability. Some Cisco Catalyst switches are known to interact badly with this feature in 10baseT mode. It defaults to 1 (enabled). max_interrupt_work=work-limit This option selects the maximum amount of work handled during each interrupt. Each received packet counts as one unit of work, as does updating statistics counters and handling errors. The default is 32. DIAGNOSTICS
eth#: interrupt(s) dropped! Indicates that the driver did not receive an interrupt notification for some reason. The driver will poll the card (with a signifi- cant performance penalty) if the problem persists. The most likely cause is an interrupt conflict and/or host bridge configuration problem. AUTHOR
Driver core: Donald Becker - becker@scyld.com PC Card interface: David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5), ifport(8). pcmcia-cs $Date 3C574_CS(4)