Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to select Shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to select Shell Post 302135732 by ajcannon on Wednesday 12th of September 2007 04:13:23 AM
Old 09-12-2007
Selecting Shell

put the path to the shell you want to use in the first line of the script. You quoted #!/usr/bin/ksh in your post. Based on this, to use say the cshell you would simply substitute #!/usr/bin/ksh with #!/usr/bin/csh
The same applies for whichever shell you want to use - you just have to know the path to it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select/delete some lines in shell?

I need to delete half(approx) the file or select half the file by existence of some character My file looks like 1 2 3 4 . . . 50 . . 100I need to select only 50 to rest of the file or needs to delete the file upto 50. Please help me out.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SujeethP
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use select into command in shell script?

I need to get total number of rows in a table by using select count(*) from table and need to assign into a variable in shell script. I used the following script, it does return the number of rows but also with oracle headers, Please help me to eliminate this headers. Shell Script #!/bin/sh... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select combination unique using shell script

Hi All, bash-3.00$ gzgrep -i '\ ExecuteThread:' /******/******/******/******/stdout.log.txt.gz <Jan 7, 2012 5:54:55 PM UTC> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> < ExecuteThread: '414' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "696" seconds working on the request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell 'select' comand

Oracle Linux5.6 64 bit Need some help with use of ‘select' command. Given the following: PS3='Select recovery SCN: ' select rcvscn in ` sqlplus -s rman/fubar@rmcat <<EOF1 select db_name, CHECKPOINT_CHANGE# SCN, to_char(CHECKPOINT_TIME,'dd-Mon-yyyy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the shell script to select pattern

Hello, I have script which work 70% of the desired task , the output from script.sh is following , however the desired output I require is following . Any piece of suggestion would be great.. thanks in advance, emily #!/bin/bash ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)