Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permissions - passing a file as the argument Post 302135611 by Yogesh Sawant on Tuesday 11th of September 2007 02:27:29 AM
Old 09-11-2007
You may write a function to do this task and then call the function whenever required

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Thread Argument Passing

#include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> #define NUM_THREADS 4 /* function to be executed by the new thread*/ void *PrintHello(void * threadid) { printf("\n %3d:Hello World!\n",threadid); pthread_exit(NULL); } int main(int argc, char * argv) { int *taskids; int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing Argument

Hi All, i have script like below.. echo "1) first option" echo "" echo "2) second option" echo "" echo "*) please enter the correct option" read select case $select in 1) echo "first option selected" ;; 2) echo "second option selected" ;; *) echo "please enter the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing an option as an argument!

Hi Folks I have got to the point where I can specify the arguments but how to pass an option is still mystery to me. Example: temp.csh a b c d set temp1 = $argv set temp2 = $argv set temp3 = $argv echo $temp1 a echo $temp2 b echo $temp3 c d I WANT: temp.csh a b c d -S 1 set temp1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument in script?

hi, I want to implement some function to perform following task if ; then $TEXT = "Data_0" else $TEXT = $1 fi if ; then $Lines = 45 else $Lines = $2 fi Kindly suggest, thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing argument

Hi, I have a script that is scheduled with cron and runs every night. The cron part looks like this: 00 20 * * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 /usr/local/bin/BACKUP TBTARM HOT DELETE My issue is with the 3rd parameter. Somewhere in the script, i want to tell the script to delete some files if the 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument passing

How to pass the alphabet character as a argument in case and in if block? ex: c=$1 if a-z ]] then echo "alphabet" case $1 in a-z) echo "the value is a alphabet" edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags. We REALLY mean it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing resulted string name of a gzipped file as an argument to another piped tool

Hi, I have a .pcap.gz file and I would like to initially gzip it and then pass the resulting .pcap filename as an argument to a piped tool; the right-hand tool is not standardized linux tool but a custom one that strictly requires the string name of a given .pcap file in order for the pcap file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating file and passing argument to a command

Hi All, I am having command to run which will take argument as input file. Right now we are creating the input file by cat and executing the command ftptransfer -i input file cat >input file file1 file2 cntrl +d Is there a way I can do that in a single command like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql file name as an argument

Hi all, I have a a file which contains an oracle query. If this file is pushed into a shell script such as the below, it of course works fine. #!/usr/bin/sh su - oracle -c 'sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF @/home/cron/ORA/sql/T-ORA006-OracleSessions.sql exit; EOF . What i am after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a second argument

I am trying to pass a second argument like so: if ] then export ARG2=$2 else message "Second argument not specified: USAGE - $PROGRAM_NAME ARG1 ARG2" checkerror -e 2 -m "Please specify if it is a history or weekly (H or W) extract in the 2nd argument" fi however, it always goes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
4 Replies
settaskid(2)							   System Calls 						      settaskid(2)

NAME
settaskid, gettaskid, getprojid - set or get task or project IDs SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/task.h> #include <unistd.h> taskid_t settaskid(projid_t project, int flags); taskid_t gettaskid(void); #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/task.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <project.h> projid_t getprojid(void); DESCRIPTION
The settaskid() function makes a request of the system to assign a new task ID to the calling process, changing the associated project ID to that specified. The calling process must have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. The flags argument should be either TASK_NORMAL for a regular task, or TASK_FINAL, which disallows subsequent settaskid() calls by the created task. The gettaskid() function returns the task ID of the calling process. The getprojid() function returns the project ID of the calling process. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return the appropriate task or project ID. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The settaskid() function will fail if: EACCES The invoking task was created with the TASK_FINAL flag. EAGAIN A resource control limiting the number of tasks or LWPs in the current project or zone has been exceeded. EINVAL The given project ID is not within the valid project ID range. EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_TASKID} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
setsid(2), project(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Jun 2004 settaskid(2)