Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help, filtering some info. from a file under "()" Post 302135489 by radoulov on Monday 10th of September 2007 06:41:45 AM
Old 09-10-2007
Code:
awk '{print $2}' FS="[()]" TEST.TXT

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering/Finding a "Fortune" message

Hi, I have had a problem in Linux with the "Fortune" messages (unfortunately! :( ) and I need to trap the message again. It starts with a "IMPORTANT NOTICE". To capture this, I write a script as follows.. #!/bin/sh a=0 while ; do /usr/games/fortune >> fortune.txt a=`expr $a + 1` done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I dump "info ls" to a file?

how do I dump "info ls" to a file? I did $info ls >a <ENTER> but it didn't dump the whole thing. It only dumped chapter 10. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james hanley
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rearrange info of file in a "table"

Please I need to rearrange data acquired by USB port from a sensor network. The information is mixed and I need to convert it into a kind of table. This is my input file: Node 4D5A joined Temperature: 27,5 Humidity: 40 Dew Point: 23 No motion detected LUX: 389 Temperature: 28 Humidity: 41... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csecnarf
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
INSTALL-INFO(1) 						   User Commands						   INSTALL-INFO(1)

NAME
install-info - update info/dir entries SYNOPSIS
install-info [OPTION]... [INFO-FILE [DIR-FILE]] DESCRIPTION
Install or delete dir entries from INFO-FILE in the Info directory file DIR-FILE. OPTIONS
--delete delete existing entries for INFO-FILE from DIR-FILE; don't insert any new entries. --dir-file=NAME specify file name of Info directory file. This is equivalent to using the DIR-FILE argument. --entry=TEXT insert TEXT as an Info directory entry. TEXT should have the form of an Info menu item line plus zero or more extra lines starting with whitespace. If you specify more than one entry, they are all added. If you don't specify any entries, they are determined from information in the Info file itself. --help display this help and exit. --info-file=FILE specify Info file to install in the directory. This is equivalent to using the INFO-FILE argument. --info-dir=DIR same as --dir-file=DIR/dir. --item=TEXT same as --entry TEXT. An Info directory entry is actually a menu item. --quiet suppress warnings. --remove same as --delete. --section=SEC put this file's entries in section SEC of the directory. If you specify more than one section, all the entries are added in each of the sections. If you don't specify any sections, they are determined from information in the Info file itself. --version display version information and exit. REPORTING BUGS
Email bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for install-info is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and install-info programs are properly installed at your site, the command info install-info should give you access to the complete manual. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWtexi | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for texinfo is available on http://opensolaris.org. install-info 4.7 April 2004 INSTALL-INFO(1)