Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to configure iptables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to configure iptables Post 302135472 by mr_bold on Monday 10th of September 2007 04:11:49 AM
Old 09-10-2007
How to configure iptables

Dear all,

I need to configure iptables to prevent not allowed incoming intra-net & internet access.
There're Oracle 10g r2, and vs-ftp runing on the server.
I need to allow certain ip addresses to access all ports (meaning can use all services) on the server. Such as: 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.140, 192.168.0.141

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP configure

Hi people I am having problems getting a few Sun Station to work again. We just moved to a new building with new IPs and new gateways. I need to change all these settings. Could some one please tel me what files I have to change. It is a Solaris 5.7 machine. Thanx O:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to configure a linux box as a firewall using iptables

I have already compiled the kernel and configured it to run as a firewall. My computer has 2 NICs and is on two seperate networks. I can ping both networks from my computer, but workstations on one network can not ping workstations on the other. What Scripts or commands do I need to install ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Configure e-mail

Hi, I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum but here goes anyway. I'm setting up a red hat server and want to be able to send and receive e-mail from it, perhaps even regardless of user accounts. Trouble is I know nothing. I'm welcome to pointers, links, books, tips, tricks, full... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phineus
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 Network Configure

Hi I'm new about UNIX, but I've to use a HP9000 with HP-UX 10.20 workstation. I'm trying to configure the network, I've configured the file /etc/rc.conf.d/netconf with my IP address and the right gateway, so the HP9000 is on the net, I've tried a ping. But now I've a problem I can't start hte CDE,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gofmass
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Configure iptables to allows list of MAC address

Hi all, I want to make this nw diagram: Small NW ---(eth1)-- Linux iptables --(eth0)---LAN NW And with these requirements: 1. Allow only 1 Mac address aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa from Small NW to LAN NW 2. Allow list of Mac addresses from LAN NW access to Small NW What will I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackthu80
2 Replies

6. Solaris

to configure ip address

i have installed solaris 10 on my vmware..please tell me how i can configure ip addres and other things so that i can use internet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to configure LUN

Hi ALL, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in RHEL 5.3. rgds, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to configure Full Cone NAT using iptables ?

Hi Experts; I want to find the right iptables commands combination to address the following need: - NEs are NATed thru the linux box (using iptables) towards the WAN cloud, where the NTP servers are situated. - In order to achieve redundancy, the NTP Servers are in a load balancing cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lvl1s7a
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure

hello, I'm trying install apache http server version 2.2.22. I downloaded the file httpd-2.2.22.tar.bz2. I unzipped this file.. When I type "./configure", the following error occurs: # ./configure --prefix=/opt/work/apache2.2.22 checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adriano Schmidt
1 Replies
IPTABLES-APPLY(8)                                                 iptables 1.6.1                                                 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] [-w savefile] {[rulesfile]|-c [runcmd]} DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new rulesfile (as output by iptables-save, read by iptables-restore) or run a command to configure iptables and then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new iptables rules cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous working iptables rules after the timeout expires. Successfully applied rules can also be written to savefile and later used to roll back to this state. This can be used to implement a store last good configuration mechanism when experimenting with an iptables setup script: iptables-apply -w /etc/network/iptables.up.rules -c /etc/network/iptables.up.run When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore and IPv6 default values instead. Default value for rulesfile is '/etc/network/iptables.up.rules'. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout in seconds after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset (default: 10). -w savefile, --write savefile Specify the savefile where successfully applied rules will be written to (default if empty string is given: /etc/network/iptables.up.rules). -c runcmd, --command runcmd Run command runcmd to configure iptables instead of applying a rulesfile (default: /etc/network/iptables.up.run). -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
Original iptables-apply - Copyright 2006 Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net>. Version 1.1 - Copyright 2010 GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> and extended by GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)