Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting confused with regular expression Post 302135335 by user_prady on Saturday 8th of September 2007 01:35:00 AM
Old 09-08-2007
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_prady
I ve tried the above sed code its working for all the cases.
But Is there any way to change the file permanently without any inbetween files.
If I m not wrong I think in the above sed command I ve to redirect to file then move to the original file name like

sed "/^[ ^I]*TAS2[ ^I]*([ ^I]*8'/s/TAS2/TAS/" file1 > file2
mv file2 file1

Like in perl if we give the command like below it changes the input file

grep "^[ ^I]*TAS2[ ^I]*([ ^I]*8' "| perl -p -i -e 's/TAS/TAS2/' $ttt

Is there any same way to do it in sed commmand

Thanks Robotonics again for your kind help
Regards,
user_prady

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Hi I have to extract the first field and the last %field of the following out put.. /home (/abc/def/bhd ) : 522328 total allocated Kb 319448 free allocated Kb ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression Help

Hi What is the meaning of this in regular expression $k =~ s/^\s*//; Plz explain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression

Hi, I have the following file as shown below: Replace() { sed -e "s+ABCDIR+$DDIR/C+g" \ -e "s+ABCDIR+$DDIR/C+g" \ -e "s + ABCDDIR+$DDIR/C"\ } I need a Regular expression to grep 0nly ABCDIR. if i use grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression Help

Hi there, I have a line in a coded text from which the formtat is DEF/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA where A equals a letter but the fields after the DEF/ are optional. Which means the line could look like DEF/AAA or DEF/AAA/AAA etc etc I am trying to a find regular... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression

Hello, I want to extract text between <td class="di_resultscolumnheader"> and </td>. I wrote the below code to extract text. But I am able to extract the text for the first match only. Can some one help me in this? Thanks in advance. Code: if ($line =~ /<td... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koneru_18
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)