Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users i want a script to execute if the time is 12:00 automatically Post 302134607 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 1st of September 2007 07:59:01 AM
Old 09-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmananindia
i write a script for displaying a xmessage.But i want it to run automatically for every one hour.can any one help me.
read "man cron"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh Contents of test.sh ================ service named restart cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/ #-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit --- cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/ rm -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Initialization Problems - Cannot execute automatically

Figured out the first half but am still having a little trouble shooting problem with the Initialization Files. I am working in bash on a remote server. When I log on I am seeing the correct prompt but right before that I am also seeing this the id -u integer expression expected is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonunit
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically execute all programs in a directory

Hello. The last days I extended an open-source C++ library by some faster functions. This library provides a lot of short test programs which guarantee that the library works exactly. The compilation of each test works in a Makefile automatically. What I need is a shell script which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max3000
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell or Perl script to get the epoch time automatically

I need shell or Perl script to get the epoch time automatically Example I need to execute mysql command to delete content less then given epoch time If date is 01-07-2010 (dd-mm-yy) epoch should be lees 7 days mean 23-06-2010 for 23-06-2010 I need epoch time Delete BS_table where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to i execute .rdf file oracle report automatically in cron tab unix

Hi, I want to execute .rdf file which uses oracle report in crontab ..Can you please help me out how to schedule it crontab.as it is a rdf file Please give any suggestions regarding the above issue. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyamishra
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute a script by one user at a time

Hi , I have a script which everyone have access but I need that the script should be ran by one user at a time. The second user who is trying to execute the script should get a message stating that the user is already executing the script. Is there any way to achieve this.? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies
cmrunserv(1m)															     cmrunserv(1m)

NAME
cmrunserv - run a service from the high availability package run script SYNOPSIS
cmrunserv [-v] service_name service_command_string cmrunserv [-v] [-r restarts] service_name service_command_string cmrunserv [-v] [-R] service_name service_command_string DESCRIPTION
cmrunserv is used in the high availability package run script to run a service. To start package's service, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configu- ration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m) or cmmakepkg(1m). If the service process dies, cmrunserv updates the status of the service to down. The cluster software will recognize the change in status and execute the normal package recovery sequence. This includes executing the package halt script, determining if the package can be run on a different node, and, if so, executing the package run script on the new node. Should the service_command be halted by the cmhaltserv command, a SIGTERM signal will be sent to the process. This executable or shell script should be able to handle a SIGTERM signal and execute a graceful shutdown performing any cleanup necessary. If the process ignores the SIGTERM, a SIGKILL will be sent to the process. If a SIGKILL is sent, the process will die immediately and will be unable to perform any cleanup. Options cmrunserv supports the following options. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -r restarts Indicates that the service should be automatically restarted by the cluster software if it fails, without halting the package. restarts indicates how many times the service may fail before the package should be halted. -R Indicates the service should be restarted an unlimited number of times if it fails. service_name Name of the service as it exists in the package configuration information. service_command_string Process string to be started. This includes the process name and any arguments necessary for the process to run. The process name must be a full path, may be either a command name or a shell script, and must be executable. RETURN VALUE
cmrunserv returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To run the service command string /var/opt/db/database1 under the service name db1, do the following: # Run the process /var/opt/db/database1 cmrunserv db1 /var/opt/db/database1 This line should only be executed within a package run script. AUTHOR
cmrunserv was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmhaltserv(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmmodnet(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunserv(1m)