Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Note book Installation
Operating Systems BSD Note book Installation Post 302134574 by Neo on Friday 31st of August 2007 11:23:50 PM
Old 09-01-2007
I don't recommend running X on these older machines.

I use older boxes for terminal / command line only, FWIW.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note for admin

i left a message for admin in the wrong thread.. it is in the what is on your mind thread since i can't move it or delete it.. i thought I would mention that I meant it to be in this thread.. sorry about the mistake.. thanx for your patience moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note to google!!!

dear google, i knew somewhat about the remote part on the telnet issue but refrained from using the term incase i confused epic.admin even more than I was worried about.. i would like to know if this was a seious issue with you since a couple of people have been sited for wrong information... in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get xml note by awk

Hi all, I have a file contain 100 lines xml. Would like to get the note value of special attribute. Could anyone help? input: <a>1</a><b>2</b><c>3</c><d>4</d><e>5</e><f>64</f> <a>1</a><b>2</b><c>33</c><d>4</d><e>56</e><f>63</f> <a>1</a><b>2</b><c>66</c><d>4</d><e>58</e><f>62</f>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
3 Replies
ul(1)							      General Commands Manual							     ul(1)

Name
       ul - process underscores for terminal

Syntax
       ul [-i] [-t terminal] [name...]

Description
       The  command  reads  the  named files (or standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which
       indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM.  The -t option overrides  the  terminal  kind
       specified  in  the  environment.  The file /etc/termcap is read to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining.	If the terminal is
       incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead.  If the terminal can overstrike, or  handles  under-
       lining automatically, degenerates to If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored.

The  -i option causes to indicate underlining by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at
       the underlining which is present in an output stream on a crt-terminal.

Options
       -i Displays underscoring on separate line containing appropriate dashes (-).

-t terminal
	  Uses type of specified terminal in place your terminal's type.

Restrictions
       The command usually outputs a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining.  No attempt is made	to
       optimize the backward motion.

See Also
       man(1), nroff(1), colcrt(1)

ul(1)