Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE fresh approach needed for connecting to Internet on Fedora Core 5 (or 7) Post 302134567 by cbkihong on Friday 31st of August 2007 08:45:44 PM
Old 08-31-2007
I have previously heard that most (if not all) USB WiFi cards are not supported on Linux. Not sure whether the world's changed. Good luck.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connecting to internet

I have installed Solaris 8.0 and want to find out how can I go in and change my network setup and external IP setup. At the moment system running but I can not connect to the internet. But my lan card shows that I am on the network. I also get some advice that I should check the $Socks but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cdrive
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Newbie help needed connecting to Internet

I have an Ultra5 with 2.56 that is connected to a network. We don't use a proxy server on the network but access the internet directly through a gateway. How do I configure the Solaris box to see the internet? Opening the internet explorer and setting HTTP; FTP etc ports to the ip of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to the Internet

Im on XP now but when im on linux how do I connect to the internet? I don't think AOL works with it but are there any free programs that I can use with it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoPepsiForYou
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, Is it possible (as I only have dial-up) to utilise my existing WinXP PC as a gateway to the internet for my 2nd PC (RH 8.0)?? .So connect with XP and have RH use a network connection (I guess) through the XP box and to the internet. If so, could I please have some links thrown my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

5. Linux

connecting to INTERNET

Hi, I can ping www.yahoo.com (then domain name server is OK) but I can not navigate by Motzila to www.yahoo.com or any other Web Site. What can be the problem ? Mozila is configured in preference /advance to go automaticaly on WEB. We are under RED HAT AS3. What should I check ? Many thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have just installed Linux and everything looks great, but how do I get my browser (Mozilla) to connect to my internet service provider? I have a cable connection to Bigpond in Australia, if that means anything - the ISP will not provide support for Linux. Your help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: openhead
2 Replies

7. Solaris

connecting to internet from solaris 10

hi there, hope your chakras are all doing well :-) just installed solaris 10 on my laptop, all seems fine except the internet. How can i connect on a DSL line?. spent 7 days and 3 nights trying but couldnt find the starting point.... alikun (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
22 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Connecting internet through EVDO?

i have tried to install vlc in ubuntu. Couldn' find package error. is internet mandatory to install packages. i have tried to internet through evdo but im not able to connect. i have started a thread but no reply. here is the link Connect Script failed - Ubuntu Forums how can i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
0 Replies

9. SCO

Connecting to the internet

Hi, I have a router, 192.168.1.1, and an internet router, 10.0.0.138. I have connected the server to the 1st router and assigned it a IP address of 192.168.1.1. I can ping both routers successfully but I have no access to internet. Any suggestions? sco5.0.7 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan.navarrete
11 Replies
SISUSB(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 SISUSB(4)

NAME
sisusb - SiS USB video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "sisusb" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
sisusb is an Xorg driver for SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) video chips that are connected via a Net2280-based USB dongle. The driver is not accelerated, but provides support for colordepths of 8, 16 and 24 bpp as well as Render and other extensions. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The sisusb driver supports USB video cards based on the following chipsets: SiS315E/PRO The SiS315E/PRO features two CRT controllers. However, in its USB version, only the first output, referred to as "CRT1", is being used. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details and to sis(4) for more information. This manpage only covers a subset of the supported options. Detailed information on all supported options can be obtained at http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsisusbvga.shtml Please note that this driver requires a Linux kernel driver as well which is included in Linux 2.6.12 and later, as well as available at the aforementioned website. The following driver Options are supported: Option "HWCursor" "boolean" Enable or disable the hardware cursor. It is not recommended to disable the hardware cursor as this will increase the amount of data transferred over the USB. Default: HWCursor is on. Option "SWCursor" "boolean" The opposite of HWCursor. This enables or disables the software cursor. This sort of cursor is slower because the pointer must be painted into the graphics display. This increases the amount of data transferred over the USB significantly. Default: SWCursor is off. Option "CRT1Gamma" "boolean" Enable or disable gamma correction. Default: Gamma correction is on. Option "DisconnectTimeout" "integer" This option determines how the driver will react to a disconnection of the USB device. If the integer supplied is -1, the driver will abort the X server immediately upon disconnection. If the value given is 0, the driver will probe for a re-connection every 2 seconds and in case the device is detected, re-establish the display. If the value is greater than 0, the driver will do this re- probing within the given number of seconds and abort the server if it does not detect the device within this time-out. Default: 0 (probe forever for device reconnection). KNOWN BUGS
none. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), sis(4) http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsisvga.shtml for more information and updates AUTHORS
Author: Thomas Winischhofer X Version 11 xf86-video-sisusb 0.9.4 SISUSB(4)