Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to SUN server from PC Post 302134437 by zam on Friday 31st of August 2007 01:55:01 AM
Old 08-31-2007
I got the following messages
Boot device: rootdisk File and args:
SunOS Release 5.9 Version Generic_118558-11 32-bit
Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_trans failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_raid failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_hotspares failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_sp failed
configuring IPv4 interfaces:ifconfig: setifflags: SIOCSLIFFLAGS: le0: Cannot ass
ign requested address
le0 le0:1.

bash-2.05# ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
le0: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 broadcast 127.255.255.255
ether 8:0:20:79:ee:d7
le0:1: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX server

Hi, My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries. These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobs
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

5. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies
IFCONFIG(1)							   User Commands						       IFCONFIG(1)

NAME
ifconfig - configure network interfaces SYNOPSIS
ifconfig [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
NAME [ADDR] [broadcast BRDADDR] [pointopoint|dstaddr DSTADDR] [netmask MASK] [metric N] [mtu N] [txqueuelen N] [up|down] [FLAGS] Configure network interfaces. -a, --all display all available interfaces -A, --address=ADDR set interface address to ADDR -B, -b, --broadcast=ADDR, --brdaddr=ADDR set broadcast address to ADDR -d, -p, --dstaddr=ADDR, --peer=ADDR set destination (peer) address to ADDR --down shut the interface down --format=FORMAT select output format (or set back to default) -F, --flags=FLAG[,FLAG...] set interface flags -i, --interface=NAME configure network interface NAME -m, --netmask=MASK set netmask to MASK --metric=N set metric of interface to N -M, --mtu=N set mtu of interface to N -s, --short short output format --up activate the interface (default if address is given) -v, --verbose output information when configuring interface Linux-specific options -T, --txqlen=N set transmit queue length to N -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Known flags are: allmulti, automedia, debug, loopback, multicast, portsel, running, trailers, up AUTHOR
Written by Marcus Brinkmann. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for ifconfig is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and ifconfig programs are properly installed at your site, the command info ifconfig should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 IFCONFIG(1)