Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX can I use ps to log overall system stats. Post 302134358 by fazliturk on Thursday 30th of August 2007 12:04:08 PM
Old 08-30-2007
if you have man pages in your system you look at this ;

vmstat 1 20 :gives virtual memory stats. 20 times 1 is the period (1 second)
or vmstsat 1 or else

ps -ef :gives systemwide resultsSmilierocesses stats
ps aux :gives some other systemwide results Smilierocesses stats
sar 1 1 or sar -P ALL etc sar gives cpu stats ( vmstat gives this information additionally to memory stats. But sar gives detailed info for all cpu )

netstat -v |netstat -D |netstat -i|netstat -r |netstat -in or etc.gives networtk stats

iostat 1 10 gives io stats

filemon gives filesystem stats

topas uses this underneath : sou you must read these from man pages

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display filename and wc stats

I'm just learning UNIX and I'm trying to do the following: Write a script called details.bash that, for each file in the working directory, prints the filename, the # of lines, and the # of words to to some output file, like this: filename1 73 431 filename2 5 21 It's probably a stupid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asianmike
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Stats Metrics

What do others use for measuring I/O statistics? I'd like something versatile, as in being able to watch (like iostat, but easier to trend), generate load (like iozone, but more realistic), and perform somewhat generalized benchmarks (like bonnie, but more current.) It would scale from a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

3. AIX

system stats

I recieved this out put below soemhow. Unfortunatly I did not write down the command I used to get it. Can someone tell me what command I use to gather these stats? OS = AIX 5.3 64Bit System Model: IBM,7026-6H1 Machine Serial Number:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

4. AIX

IO Stats

Aix 5.3 I am trying to view the IO stats. I do the sar 5 5 but that is the WIO and si different than the IO stats right? I am just blanking on this. I know there is a command that I used to run that brings up a whole bunch of live stats that run live such as mem and so on just can't rememeber... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Stats in Php

So, I have a php program that i need to delete ALL files in a directory that are older than a certain age. <?php /* Get file stat */ $stat = stat('/apps/security/ajaba'); This is as far as I've been able to get. I know in shell programming you can easily do something like this. but I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. Linux

Stats on subdirectories

Please help me with a shell script to get the stats on many subdirectories (sub1), (sub2) etc under a mother directory (big) /big | |_______sub1 |_______sub2 |_______sub3 --------- I want to know 1. What is the last file accessed in each subdirectory with date and by whom 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux stats per core

Does anyone know how to check linux stats per core? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recording stats for Comcast

The last few weeks I've had a problem with Comcast in San Francisco (anyone else sharing the same issue ? Please share !) During the late afternoon throughout early morning hours I see a high amount of dropped packets and increased latency when pinging my favorite destinations, like 8.8.8.8. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SandmanCL
1 Replies
SPICY-STATS(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SPICY-STATS(1)

NAME
spicy-stats - Spice client used for testing and measurements SYNOPSIS
spicy-stats [--uri=<uri>] [-h, --host=<host>] [-p, --port=<port>] [-s, --secure-port=<port>] [-w, --password=<password>] [--version] [-?, --help] DESCRIPTION
spicy-stats connects to Spice server and writes out a summary of connection details, amount of bytes transferred... OPTIONS
--uri= <uri> Spice server uri. -h, --host=<host> Spice server address. -p, --port=<port> Spice server port -s, --secure-port=<port> Spice server secure port -w, --password=<password> Spice server password --version Display spicy-stats version -?, --help Display help information SEE ALSO
spicec(1) spicy(1) Spice related documents can be found at http://www.spice-space.org/documentation.html AUTHOR
Spice project This manual page was written by Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. August 15, 2011 SPICY-STATS(1)