Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script lines of a Log Files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script lines of a Log Files Post 302134340 by Nysif Steve on Thursday 30th of August 2007 10:55:17 AM
Old 08-30-2007
I haven't tested this yet but, will this work for multiple lines in the log file? I would like to implement this so it will go through every line with a date of Aug 30?

Last edited by Nysif Steve; 08-30-2007 at 12:01 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy lines from log files based on timestamp and sysdate

I am sorry to repost this question. it was not clear, and I had the meeting and didn't response the question on time. I do really need help and appreciate your help very much. I'm looking for a simple shell script that will read lots of audit log file (*.aud) in a log fold every 10 minutes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: percvs88
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy lines from log files based on timestamp and sysdate

I'm looking for a command or simple script that will read lots of audit log file (*.aud) in log fold every 10 minutes, and will output to one file based on sysdate - 10 minutes. assume the script is run at 11:12:20, and it should grep the line from Wed Jun 17 11:02:43 2009 to end of file. after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: percvs88
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL script with 86000 lines: new files with only 10000 lines (per file)

Hi this is my SQL script $ wc -l insert_into_customers.sql 85601 insert_into_customers.sqlI wish to cut this file into 9 files each 10000 lines (the last one less) $ wc -l insert_into_customers_00*.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_001.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_002.sql ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/print all lines between pattern is found in .log files

Hi, I have a folder with multiple (< 33) .log files. And I have to copy the lines between two patterns from all the .log files to a new file. (script file with a loop?) Thanks in advance. 1.log ... .. xx1> begin ... .. .. >>> Total: 2 Alarms .. .. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines for a specific date in log-files

I need to grep all lines for "yesterday" in /var/log/messages. Dates are in the format "YYYY-MM-DD". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing specific lines from script files.

Hello, Activity to perform: 1. Find all of the "*.tmp" files in a given user directory 2. Determine which ones have "find" in them. 3. Replace the "find sequence" of commands with a "list set" of commands. Example: Original file: -------------- define lastn1 = "A" define... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print first 20 lines from all .log files

RHEL 5.8 In a directory I have more than 200 files with the extension .log Using head command I want to print first 20 lines of each log file. For each .log file, it should print like below Printing first 20 lines of : GRP_error_April29.log Apr 29 04:02:05 raptor03b syslogd 1.4.1:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Script to concatenate 2 files with the same number of lines

Hi everyone, I have two files, namely: file1: file1Col1Row1;file1Col2Row1;file1Col3Row1 file1Col1Row2;file1Col2Row2;file1Col3Row2 file1Col1Row3;file1Col2Row3;file1Col3Row3file2: file2Col1Row1;file2Col2Row1;file2Col3Row1 file2Col1Row2;file2Col2Row2;file2Col3Row2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you extract (remove) lines from log files?

I use "MineOS" (a linux distro with python scripts and web ui included for managing a Minecraft Server). The author of the scripts is currently having a problem with the Minecraft server log file being spammed with certain entries. He's working on clearing up the spam. But in the meantime, I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies
VMWARE-XFERLOGS(1)						   Open VM Tools						VMWARE-XFERLOGS(1)

NAME
vmware-xferlogs - dump vm-support output to vmx logfile SYNOPSIS
vmware-xferlogs OPTIONS FILE DESCRIPTION
vmware-xferlogs is a simple console application and can be run as any user. It is based on rpctool to dump the vm-support output to the vmx log file base64 encoded. It can dump any file supplied on the commandline to the vmx log. It also does the decoding part of it. It can read the vmware.log file decode and write the encoded files in the directory it was invoked. Example of a transfer found in the vmx log file: Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >Logfile Begins : /root/install.log: ver - 1 Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >SW5zdGFs- bGluZyA0NDEgcGFja2FnZXMKCkluc3RhbGxpbmcgZ2xpYmMtY29tbW9uLTIuMi41LTM0 Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >LgpJbnN0YWx- saW5nIGh3ZGF0YS0wLjE0LTEuCkluc3RhbGxpbmcgaW5kZXhodG1sLTcuMy0zLgpJ Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >bnN0YWxsaW5nIG1haWxjYXAtMi4xLjk- tMi4KSW5zdGFsbGluZyBtYW4tcGFnZXMtMS40OC0yLgpJ .... .... Aug 24 18:48:10: vcpu-0| Guest: >Mi4K Aug 24 18:48:10: vcpu-0| Guest: >Logfile Ends OPTIONS
enc dec SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-xferlogs and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-XFERLOGS(1)