Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem of booting system in init 5 level Post 302134330 by praveen_b744 on Thursday 30th of August 2007 10:11:09 AM
Old 08-30-2007
Question

Jagdish,

Is it giving any err like:

Err: An error occured while loading or saving the configuration information for Nautilus.Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.
- - - - -
If this is the case:

CAUSE: Permission of the " ~/.gconfd " directory might be changed.
SOLUTION: Change the permissions of " ~/.gconfd " to 700 and try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

What's wrong with my system? Solaris not booting.

Booting the 32-bit OS ... SunOS Release 5.7 Version Generic_106541-31 Copyright (c) 1983-2002, Sun Microsystems, Inc. configuring network interfaces: le0. Hostname: wz-ultra1 metainit: wz-ultra1: there are no existing databases The system is coming up. Please wait. checking ufs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CollenM
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating System Revision Level

Hi i am trying to find the operating system revsion level and know i can use the 'uname -a' commmand i just wanted to know what part of the output displays this? Also what command can i use to display the cpu run queue? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference between run level & init level

what are the major Difference Between run level & init level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

6. AIX

System is not booting

the error is 0518 /usr mnt failed, pleaze tell me how i can fix it ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

8. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Red Hat system not booting up

Hello, I had a linux server running mysql db without any issues, it just panic'd and now its not coming up , unfortunately we do not have backup for this server as well can anybody help on this. Following is the error Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0 ) notwithin permissible range Red... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Device-mapper behaviour booting on init=bin/bash

Good morning Recently we needed to change the password from a redhat 6.5 system that no one knew the root password. Starting the system with the init=/bin/bash method took us to the following scenario: system_vg active with only root_lv and tmpfs mounted. our entries at fstab are like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ikaro0
1 Replies
startup(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						startup(7)

NAME
startup - event signalling system startup SYNOPSIS
startup [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The startup event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon after it has completed its own initialisation and is the signal that the rest of the system may be started. Typically this will involve checking and mounting the partitions and drives that form the filesystem, loading drivers for connected devices and starting the X windowing system or other login environment. In the default Upstart configuration, the primary task run on the startup event is the /etc/init/rc-sysinit.conf job responsible for gener- ating the System V compatible runlevel(7) event. See that page for a more detailed explanation of this process. Paradoxically there is currently no corresponding Upstart-native event signifying that the system is to be shutdown, only the System V com- patible runlevel 0 and runlevel 6 events provide this functionality. EXAMPLE
A service with no other dependencies run on startup might use: start on startup SEE ALSO
runlevel(7) init(8) Upstart 2009-07-09 startup(7)