Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: semaphore concept
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users semaphore concept Post 302134198 by Neo on Wednesday 29th of August 2007 03:59:54 PM
Old 08-29-2007
I think the wikipedia entry on Semaphore programming answers your question.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

LUN concept

In my location we have Hp storage (san),from there they created luns, so could u plz send me clear document for understanding LUN. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prem
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Concept of thread

Hi all This is my first thread here.i confused with the concept of thread.Can anyone tell me this concept in detail.my Quation may be at primary level. Thanx in advance for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about concept of Interrupts.

Hi all, I am new here ,i want to know about interrupts in detail.What r Interrupts .how they r handeled. Thanx in adavnce. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concept Of Array

Hi all, I used array a lot in C,VB,C# and java but now i am very new to shell programming,so i need a start of array in shell programming. All i want to do is read a string and put it into a character type array. For reading the string,i did this: $ read a now i want to put the content of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
1 Replies

5. AIX

Use of mirroring concept....

hi.... Friends... Why using mirroring ? what is the use of mirroring? just any one tell about clearly.... thanks.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan841
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me in RAID concept...

i couldn't get what does the metainit command represents in numeric values. (i.e) #metainit d66 2 1 c0t0d0s4 1 c0t0d0s5 ??here 2 1 1 represnts what ?? can some one tell clearly about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping concept please help

Hi Gurus, Please help me in below requirement. Instance =5 (it is user parameter) total=52 (it is user parameter i need to split this to 5 and reminder as 1 instances totally 6 for example i need to splitt to each 52/5=10.4 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL concept

Hi.. Could someone explain about setfacl,getfacl in unix and its uses. Regards, Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh sunkara
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with the concept of wc -c and wc -m

Is wc -c and wc -m same ? Shellscript::cat file1 hello Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -c 6 Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -m 6 Shellscript::file file1 file1: ASCII text Shellscript::uname -a Linux was85host 2.6.27.45-0.1-vmi #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/LinuxAtleast... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
5 Replies
WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Wikipedia - Automated interface to the Wikipedia SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Wikipedia; my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## search for 'perl' my $result = $wiki->search( 'perl' ); ## if the entry has some text print it out if ( $result->text() ) { print $result->text(); } ## list any related items we can look up print join( " ", $result->related() ); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Wikipedia provides an automated interface to the Wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.org>, which is a free, collaborative, online encyclopedia. This module allows you to search for a topic and return the resulting entry. It also gives you access to related topics which are also available via the Wikipedia for that entry. INSTALLATION
To install this module type the following: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install METHODS
new() The constructor. You can pass it a two letter language code, or nothing to let it default to 'en'. ## Default: English my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## use the French wiki instead my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'fr' ); WWW::Wikipedia is a subclass of LWP::UserAgent. If you would like to have more control over the user agent (control timeouts, proxies ...) you have full access. ## set HTTP request timeout my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); $wiki->timeout( 2 ); You can turn off the following of wikipedia redirect directives by passing a false value to "follow_redirects". language() This allows you to get and set the language you want to use. Two letter language codes should be used. The default is 'en'. my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'es' ); # Later on... $wiki->language( 'fr' ); follow_redirects() By default, wikipeda redirect directives are followed. Set this to false to turn that off. search() Which performs the search and returns a WWW::Wikipedia::Entry object which you can query further. See WWW::Wikipedia::Entry docs for more info. $entry = $wiki->search( 'Perl' ); print $entry->text(); If there's a problem connecting to Wikipedia, "undef" will be returned and the error message will be stored in "error()". random() This method fetches a random wikipedia page. error() This is a generic error accessor/mutator. You can retrieve any searching error messages here. TODO
o Clean up results. Strip HTML. o Watch the development of Special:Export XML formatting, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/perl SEE ALSO
o LWP::UserAgent AUTHORS
Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003-2011 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-04-05 WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)