Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user password forever
Operating Systems Solaris user password forever Post 302134140 by xramm on Wednesday 29th of August 2007 03:47:27 AM
Old 08-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
Code:
passwd -n -1 <username>

reborg,
it didn t work ?

output is:

Code:
# uname -a
SunOS sspfs_svr 5.8 Generic_117000-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-240
# passwd -n -1 limaint
passwd: Invalid argument to option -n
Invalid argument to option
#

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

msgrcv pending forever !!!

When I am using msgrcv to get a message from a queue, in case of msgsnd some error, the msgrcv thread will waiting forever. Is there some way that I can specify a time out value for this queue ? just let msgrcv wait for some time, if no message comes during this time slot, msgrcv just return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yun Gang Chen
3 Replies

2. Linux

I want to mount my disk forever

Hi guys! I've just mounted my drive in fstab: /dev/sdb /myfolder ext3 defaults 0 0 and rebooted linux. I've got severel failers during booting process and also I can't login as root first time: login: root password:root incorrect login login:user password: user ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junior Admin
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever <-- what does this mean?

Just looking at my ethernet interface.. I see this response... what does this mean...? ipconfig... lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo inet6 ::1/128 scope host valid_lft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n have to make a newline forever?

I'm trying to make a little script, but I have a problem... I'm trying to sed a list of files made with a ls > filename.txt... Two variables (or i may call them constant because they are fixed values :D): ststr1 and ststr2 I want to sed s/"$ststr1"/"$ststr2"/g filename.txt >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlamax
5 Replies

6. Programming

pthread_cond_timedwait relocks forever

looking in pthread's source code I can see that as an epilogue both pthread_cond_timedwait and pthread_cond_wait will try to relock the mutex by means of __pthread_mutex_cond_lock. Does this mean that any of them both could eventually block forever if the mutex is never again available after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramestica
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forever -w option

I am trying to use the forever command. I can get it to work if I do not use the w option to watch for changes and cause an automatic restart on a change to the contents of the directory being watched. I would really like to use the watch option. Is this option fully implemented? here is an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
4 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)