Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX printer filter
Operating Systems AIX AIX printer filter Post 302134135 by blacksm on Wednesday 29th of August 2007 03:03:19 AM
Old 08-29-2007
I have, but that smit option gives me no printer queue to select.

Cheers

Steve

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX v5.2 Printer Question

Hi All, I have an AIX server runing v5.2.0.0 OS and i am trying to print to a printer attached to the parallel port. I have successfully configured a printer and a print queue. However, when i submit the job i get the following error Message from queueing system: 0781-088 Queue z:lp0 went... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to add a new printer to AIX

Hello. I would like to add an HP printer to my AIX (5.2) system. The printer is attached to a Windows PC via LPT1. We are using Novell as our LAN :) I am somewhat familiar with SMIT and printer queues. Still a bit of a newbie. I would like to be able to print from the AIX directly to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Printer problem

Hi, Has anyone encountered the error below. I have tried to startup the printer but the error keep showing up. Please help. Thanks. Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sodapop
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

printer/filter setup

trying to get my laserjet to print under FC5. Got APSFILTER; what to answer to question 'parallel or serial printer port when it is USB? Do I need an updated filter software? I tried 'parallel', get 'permission denied when I try lp or lpr command- thanks- Marshall (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blann
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printcap printer -> email account script/filter help

the basics: Tru64 unix 5.1b on alpha have nail(now mailx), mail, and mailx(old version) available. I'm trying to make a print filter to take a file that is printed to a specific printer in my printcap file and email it. I put this in my printcap: emailprinter:\ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syadnom
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX filter Issues

Hi, I want to print from AIX 5.3/6.1 using 'pr' preprocessing filter and 'PCL' print file type. Steps: 1. Smitty 2. Print Spooling 3. Create a print queue(remote->Generic) 4. change the attributes for that print queue. 5. Change print file type to PCL and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printer filter - convert to ps then to pdf

Hi, I currently have a driver located in /etc/cups/interfaces that does the following: job="$1" user="$2" title="$3" numcopies="$4" options="$5" filename="$6" # Set up printer default modes echo -e "\033E\c" echo -e "\033)0B\c" cat "$filename" So then I want to do something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX v5.2 Printer Question

Hi All, I have an AIX server runing v5.2.0.0 OS and i am trying to print to a printer attached to the parallel port. I have successfully configured a printer and a print queue. However, when i submit the job i get the following error Message from queueing system: 0781-088 Queue z:lp0 went... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
4 Replies

9. AIX

Setting up printer in AIX 6.1

Hi All, I have been trying to configure an HP laserjet printer on an AIX6.1 server through network as well as remote. This is the first time i am configuring a printer on AIX. I had been using smitty butwhile configuring, i am getting blank/stuck at "software to support the printer attachment... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
10 Replies

10. AIX

How to build a printer in AIX?

Hi , does anyone have any document related to printer build on AIX ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkchand
1 Replies
lpq(1)							      General Commands Manual							    lpq(1)

Name
       lpq - spool queue examination program

Syntax
       lpq [ options ] [ job #...  ] [ user...	]

Description
       The  command  examines  the  spooling  area used by for printing files on the printer, and reports the status of jobs.  The command invoked
       without any arguments reports on any jobs currently in the default queue.

When jobs are being printed, reports the queue as being ``active''.  For each job submitted, reports the user's name, current rank  in  the
       queue,  the names of files comprising the job, the job identifier and the total size in bytes.  The job identifier is a number which may be
       supplied to to remove a specific job.

Job ordering is determined by the FIFO (First In, First Out) algorithm used to scan the spooling  directory.   When  the  queue	is  empty,
       reports that there are ``no entries''.

File  names  may  be unavailable for some jobs, for example, if the command is used without specifying a file name, or if is used in a pipe
       line.  If file names are unavailable, the file name reported by is ``standard input''.

Arguments
       job #...    Causes to report on only the job number(s) specified.

user...	   Causes to report on only the jobs for the specified user(s).

Options
       +n   Scan and display the spool queue until the queue is empty.	The queue is scanned every n seconds, if  no  argument	is  specified  the
	    queue is scanned every 30 seconds.

-l   Display the status of each job on more than one line if necessary.	If this option is not used, the status of each job is displayed on
	    one line.

-Pprinter
	    Report the status of the spool queue for the printer specified.  If this option is not used, the spool  queue  displayed  is  the  one
	    defined by the PRINTER environment variable.  If a queue is not defined by the PRINTER environment variable, the spool queue displayed
	    is for the printer named ``lp'' in the file.

Restrictions
       The displayed status of the spool queue may not always be the current status.  This is because jobs may be completed after  the	queue  has
       been examined, but before the status has been displayed.

Error Messages
       Two of the most common error messages from are:

Warning: no daemon present (R)
       A daemon is not available for the specified printer.  Refer to the command to find out how to restart the printer daemon.

unknown printer (R)
       The printer specified as an argument to the -P option, doesn't have an entry in the file.

Files
       For manipulating the screen for repeated display

To determine printer characteristics

The spooling directory, as determined from printcap

Control files specifying jobs

The lock file to obtain the currently active job

See Also
       lpr(1), lprm(1), lpc(8), lpd(8)

lpq(1)