Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find cmd not working as expected Post 302134069 by porter on Tuesday 28th of August 2007 03:26:20 PM
Old 08-28-2007
Why are you using find if you are not recursing through directories?

echo /appl/Output/Admin*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

which not working as expected

Hello. Consider the following magic words: # ls `which adduser` ls: /usr/sbin/adduser: No such file or directory # Hmmm... Then: # ls /usr/sbin/adduser /usr/sbin/adduser # Now what? Unforunately this little sniippet is used in my debian woody server's mysql pre install script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su cmd not working

HI all, i want to run various Unix cmds thru a java prg. following is the code which i have written. ------------------------------------------------------------------- import java.io.*; class Run { public static void main(String args) { String ls_str; try{ Process cmd_su =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command not working as expected

I have a script with a find command using xargs to copy the files found to another directory. The find command is finding the appropriate file, but it's not copying. I've checked permissions, and those are all O.K., so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpflug
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working correctly in script

I am trying to copy 2 types of files so I can archive them. I tested with a set of commands: touch -t $(date -d "-60 day" +%Y%m%d) WORKDIR/REF find TARGETDIR/ -type f -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.out\* -or -iname \*.log\* ! -newer WORKDIR/REF -exec ls -l {} \; This correctly lists any files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why this is not working in expected way?

total=0 seq 1 5 | while read i ; do total=$(($total+$i)) echo $total done echo $totalThis outputs: 1 3 6 10 15 0whereas I am expecting: 1 3 6 10 15 15My bash version: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

how passwd cmd is working

how unix users able to change their password even if they have only read permissions and how backend process will be happening can u explain me which are files need to involved in this process (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basename not working as expected from find -exec

I have the following files in a directory > ls -1 /tmp/test/dir/ file with spaces 1.ogg file with spaces 2.oggI am running the following to echo the filenames but alter the file extension on the files to .mp3 instead of .ogg ( I am going to run ffmpeg against the files ultimately, but keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Test -e not working as expected (by me)

I ran into the following and still do not understand entirely the rationale behind this. If someone could explain why things are as they are I'd be thankful. The following was tested on AIX 7.1 with ksh88, but i suspect that to be ubiquitous. In an installation routine i had to create a set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulate files with find and fuser not working as expected on SunOs

Greetings, For housekeeping, I use the following command: find /some/path -type f -name "*log*" ! -exec fuser -s "{}" 2>/dev/null \; -exec ls -lh {} \; It finds all log files not currently in use by a process and manipulates them. This command always works on linux and redhat machines,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
2 Replies
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin - User/group management for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
User/group management for LedgerSMB INHERITS
Universal LedgerSMB LedgerSMB::DBObject METHODS
save_user Saves a user optionally with location and contact data. If the password or import hash values is set, will not save contact or address information. This API is not fully documented at this time because it is expected that it will be broken down into more manageable chunks in future versions. Please do not count on the behavior. delete_user($delete_role) Deletes a user specified by $self->{user_id}. if $delete_role is true, deletes the role too. search_users Returns a list of users matching search criteria, and attaches that list to the user_results hash value. Search criteria: username first_name last_name ssn dob Undef matches all values. All matches exact except username which allows for partial matches. list_sessions returns a list of active sessions, when they were last used, and how many discretionary locks they hold. The list is also attached to the active_sessions hash value. No inputs required or used. delete_session Deletes a session identified by the session_id hashref. save_roles Saves the roles assigned to a user. Each role is specified as a hashref true value, where the key is the full name of the role (i.e. starting with lsmb_[dbname]__). get_salutations Returns a list of salutation records from the db for the dropdowns. get_roles Returns a list of role names with the following format: {role => $full_role_name, description => $short_role_name} The short role name is the full role name with the prefix removed (i.e. without the lsmb_[dbname]__ prefix). get_countries Returns a reference to an array of hashrefs including the country data in the db. Sets the same reference to the countries hash value. get_contact_classes Returns a list of hashrefs ({id =>, class =>}) relating to the contact classes. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009, the LedgerSMB Core Team. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2, or at your option any later version. Please see the accompanying License.txt for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-25 LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin(3pm)