Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Err while using find command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Err while using find command Post 302133692 by reborg on Friday 24th of August 2007 05:17:19 PM
Old 08-24-2007
guess #1 You are using a glob patter for name and it is being incorrectly expanded due to the way you are quoting the expression.

try:
Code:
"find $1 -type f -name \"$2\" -mtime +1 -exec rm '{}' \;"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar write err

This isn't causing me a problem, but it is puzzling (& slightly worrying) me. If I use tar to copy to a tape & the tape is write protected, I only get the message 'tar: tape write err' if there are a few files to copy. eg. # tar cvf /dev/rStp4 /usr/data will produce the messages ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sccs get -ek command is throwing err

Hi, get -ek s.Communicator.java The difference between the current date and the creation date of the newest delta in the SCCS file is greater than 1 year. Make sure that the system date is set correctly. This message is only a warning. (co11) 14.3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaprasad BS
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting err with 'awk' command

Hi All, I am trying to run the below cmd thro' a script. awk 'NR>=48&&NR<=(58-1)' $IN_FILE_NAME | tee $OUT_FILE_NAME but I am getting an err while running the script. It gives the below err msg : awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 (P.S Note: When run the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax err near unexpected token...

I've been looking at this code too long. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can spot the: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' ./phmenu ` tput cup 18 4: echo "Accept? (y) es or (n)o: " This is the line in the code: tput cup 18 4; echo "Accept? (y)es or (n)o: " Thanks In Advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrasing err ssh...

hi.... below cmd (to get current hour - 1) works in localhost...whereas to get the same value in remote host..no result.. looks some pharsing error...can someone help? $ date Monday, 3 May 2010 09:15:46 GMT $ perl -e 'print "" . localtime(time()-$ARGV) . "\n";' 3600 Mon May 3 08:15:57... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: id100
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script: std Out/err

Hello gurus, this is part of my script: ls -1 ${MyFile} >> ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp FILENUM=`cat ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp| wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`>> /dev/null if then writeError "ERRORE: no file in directory for type ${FileName}!" >> ${LogFileName} Close 1 fi... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Perl err.msg when I login?

Hi, When I login to system. root or any of the user, I get Perl error message. Please advise.... When I login as a user.... I get this err.msg. Terminal type is vt100 You have new mail. bash: /usr/local/bin/perl: cannot execute binary file when I login as root. Terminal type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Solaris

I/O error Err#5 EIO

Hi gurus, My Solaris version is Solaris 10 1/06 s10s_u1wos_19a SPARC Im getting I/O error while trying to ls -l a directory in Solaris SPARC box the truss output from server is attached below truss -fall -vall -wall -rall ls -la 12278/1: acl("./dat", GETACLCNT, 0,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris_Begin
3 Replies
crontab(5)							File Formats Manual							crontab(5)

Name
       crontab - clock daemon table file

Syntax
       /usr/lib/crontab

Description
       The  command  executes  at  specified dates and times according to the instructions in the file. The file consists of lines with six fields
       each.  The format for a line is as follows:

minute hour day month weekday command

The following list defines each field in the line:

minute (0-59)  The exact minute that the command sequence executes.

hour (0-23)    The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.

day (1-31)     The day of the month that the command sequence executes.

month (1-12)   The month of the year that the command sequence executes.

weekday (1-7)  The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

command	      The complete command sequence variable that is to be executed.  Note that the command string must conform  to  Bourne  shell
		      syntax.

The first five integer fields may be specified as follows:

o   A single number in the specified range

o   Two numbers separated by a minus, meaning a range inclusive

o   A list of numbers separated by commas, meaning any of the numbers

o   An asterisk meaning all legal values

The sixth field is a string that is executed by the shell at the specified times.  A percent sign (%) in this field is translated to a new-
       line character.	Only the first line of the command field, up to a percent sign (%) or end of line, is executed by the  shell.	The  other
       lines are made available to the command as standard input.

Examples
       The following example is part of a file:
       # periodic things
       0,15,30,45 * * * * (echo '^M' `date`; echo '') >/dev/console
       0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

# daily stuff
       5 4 * * * sh /usr/adm/newsyslog
       15 4 * * * ( cd /usr/preserve; find . -mtime +7 -a -exec rm -f {} ; )
       20 4 * * * find /usr/msgs -mtime +21 -a ! -perm 444 -a ! -name bounds
	    -a -exec rm -f {} ;

# NOTE: The above line is wrapped.

# local cleanups
       30 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name df-exec rm {} ;
       35 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name tf-exec rm {} ;
       40 4 * * * find /usr/spool/rwho -type f -mtime +21 -exec rm {} ;
       #

# redirecting error output
       0 17 * * 1,3,5 /bin/tar -cv /usr/sysads/smith > /dev/console 2>&1
       #

Files
See Also
       sh(1), cron(8)
       Guide to System Environment Setup

crontab(5)