Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl telnet to cisco router and compare the ping ms Post 302133560 by robotronic on Friday 24th of August 2007 02:51:53 AM
Old 08-24-2007
Populate the MSG variable with the text you want or substitute the echo command with the output of telnet (through pipe) and then:

Code:
echo "$MSG" | awk -F= '
   /round-trip/ {
      split($2, a, "/");
      avg=a[2];
      if (avg > 180) {
         print("Alarm! ("avg")");
      } else {
         print("Ping OK. ("avg")");
      }
   flag=1;
   exit;
   }
   END {
      if (! flag) {
         print("Cannot ping!");
      }
   }
'

or, continuing with the shell way:

Code:
AVG=`echo "$MSG" | grep "round-trip" | cut -f2 -d= | cut -f2 -d/`

if [ ! "$AVG" ] 
then 
   echo "Cannot ping!" 
elif [ "$AVG" -gt 180 ]
then   
   echo "Alarm! ($AVG)" 
else
   echo "Ping OK. ($AVG)" 
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cisco Router command to get hostname

Hi All, I am connected to a cisco router and I want to know the hostname of this router. I connect as telnet <IPADDRESS> and the prompt shows vpnaccess-bristol> But I want to know the full hostname of the router how can i do that. When i type the hostname command the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Linux behind a cisco router

Dear All, I have worked with xDSL routers working in bridged mode, and linux behind them working as a Firewall utilizing IPTABLES. My question is, how this will change if the xDSL router is replaced with a Cisco Router? I mean to ask that, can I assign a public ip on the linux machine, which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

isc dhcpd and cisco router

Hello all, I have set up dhcpd on a linux box for serving subnets on multiple vlans configured on a Cisco 6500 with ip helper of the dhcp server. Servers get dhcp leases just fine, however, some machines lose their connection for reboot or what not and I can not get their lease back even though... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: closedown
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl telnet issue with cisco

Hi Experts, I am using perl to telnet on cisco boxes. We have this stupid cisco node which does not support "terminal Length0" command. Since I am using Net::Telnet and capturing output with @output = $telnet->cmd('cmd'); Say @output = $telnet->cmd('show version'); Now problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Telnet cisco routers

Hi all i have little problem finding solution about simple telnet script .... i have 250 routers and on some i have different password and on some they ask just for password no username. So for example 1,2,3 have username and password (user,password) 4, and 5 have different username and password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to router run commands from file

I have a perl script that is called with a router name command list file and output file. The command file can be very large, up to 3k of commands. At first I dumped the command list file to an array and ran the entire file on the router and captured the output. It worked ok for a command list in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Need help configuring Cisco 892-k9 router

I bought a Cisco 892-k9 router and I am having in issue trying to setup the initial configuration. Does someone have a sampl configuration for a single subnet that I can use for my configuration? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
0 Replies
RXTELNET(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       RXTELNET(1)

NAME
rxtelnet -- start a telnet and forward X-connections. SYNOPSIS
rxtelnet [-l username] [-k] [-t telnet_args] [-x xterm_args] [-K kx_args] [-w term_emulator] [-b telnet_program] [-n] [-v] host [port] DESCRIPTION
The rxtelnet program starts an xterm window with a telnet to host host. From this window you will also be able to run X clients that will be able to connect securely to your X server. If port is given, that port will be used instead of the default. If setting up the X forwarding failes, rxtelnet will still telnet in to the remote host, but without X forwarding. The supported options are: -l Log in on the remote host as user username. -k Disables keep-alives. -t Send telnet_args as arguments to telnet. -x Send xterm_args as arguments to xterm. -X Send kx_args as arguments to kx. -w Use term_emulator instead of xterm. -b Use telnet_program instead of telnet. -n Do not start any terminal emulator. -v Be verbose. EXAMPLE
To login from host foo (where your display is) to host bar, you might do the following. 1. On foo: rxtelnet bar 2. You will get a new window with a telnet to bar. In this window you will be able to start X clients. SEE ALSO
kx(1), rxterm(1), telnet(1), tenletxr(1), kxd(8) KTH_KRB March 7, 2004 KTH_KRB